Where to find new X1 mk2 rotary encoder for track selection knob?

olafmol
olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

Hello, unfortunately my X1 mk2 rotary encoder for track selection got lost, it came loose and fell off.

I need to find a new encoder knob to put on, where can i find a good fitting one? The shaft is not round, it is flattened on one side.

Also, i want to keep the touch sensitivity of course.

tnx! Olaf

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

I can confirm that the Chroma Caps are not touch sensitive like original caps on X1 mk2. Fits perfectly but not touch sensitive.

Answers

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    edited April 2022

DJ Tech Tools for some funky chroma caps. 👌🏻 $2 each - but shipping is a beast so it’s often worth buying a whole set…

https://store.djtechtools.com/collections/accessories/products/chroma-caps-knobs-and-faders

• olafmol

I've read that the Chroma Caps will not support touch sensitivity of the track selection encoder?

• Patch

Does the X1 encoder have touch sensitivity?

• olafmol

Tnx all. I don't think Chroma Caps support touch sensitivity. Can anyone from @NI confirm this?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Perhaps our resident DJ @Ryan_NI can confirm this for olafmol?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

I can confirm that the Chroma Caps are not touch sensitive like original caps on X1 mk2. Fits perfectly but not touch sensitive.

• Patch

What does the touch sensitivity do in the MK2?

Can you use it as a modifier???

• olafmol

by default it will open/maximize the playlist view when touching the encoder.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

Can't confirm whether chroma caps support touch sensitivity or not, but based on the previous comments, it doesn't sound likely

• Patch

You can easily replicate “touch sensitivity” for entering full screen browse anyway - I’ve done it on my MK1.

I have full screen browse mapped to when I use the browse knob, and full screen exit when I load to either deck…

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

Contact HW support, they sell replacement knob caps sets for Maschine so maybe they do the same for the X1, not sure.

I don't think there are any knobs out there that claim to work with touch/capacitative features, your best bet is probably ordering knobs made with solid aluminum since it's a conductive metal but you need to make sure the inside has no plastic, they usually have because of the D-Shaft... So look out for knobs that use a grub screw, lots of those on ebay, they look like this:

Not sure if knobs that are either powder coated or anodized are still conductive tho.