Is there a faster way to locate libraries after moving to a new computer?

Tina
Tina Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Native Access

Hi,

I was wondering, if there is a faster way to add my existing libraries on a new computer than having to point each single one to the right folder in Native Access? Is there a search that can do this automatically? I have quite a lot of libraries and it takes ages and is quite annoying to relocate every single library like this :(

Cheers

Tina

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,557 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi there @Tina unfortunately there's no easier way to relocate your libraries on another system atm :( But good news is the new version of Native Access has a "Relocate all" button :)

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,557 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi there @Tina unfortunately there's no easier way to relocate your libraries on another system atm :( But good news is the new version of Native Access has a "Relocate all" button :)

• Tina
    Tina Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi @Kaiwan_NI , thanks for the answer. What a shame, already took me half a day and I am still not finished. But great to hear that this feature will be included in the next version this will make installing my next machine a lot easier. ;)

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,284 Guru

I just used this new "Relocate All" button a few days ago. Worked great! It did miss a few that I had to do individually later.. these few where mostly guitar libs that had Amped and non-Amped versions,

• Dan Poole
    Dan Poole Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi @Kaiwan_NI , I am on a new Mac M1 coming from a windows PC and have transferred all of my libraries to new Hard drives and have tried the above method that Tina and Nightjar.

They have never been installed on this Macbook Pro M1 and I have over 290 libraries and I am curious how I can install all and direct Native Access 2 to look at my hard drive and scan.

My DAW can do it? how come Native Access cannot?

Bit of a flaw if you ask me