No Synth Sound over monitor boxes with komplete audio 6 - except for headphones...

StefanMiller
StefanMiller Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi, Community,

I'm new to this forum and hope I can get some hint about cable setups for my little recording studio I'm a advanced beginner..

I have the following problem and can't get a solution while searching for more than an hour... Perhaps sb here is able to help me out - here is the problem:

I put a behringer deepmind 12 with his 2 outputs into the int 1 and int 2 of the komplete audio 6 mk3 which I have some monitor boxes connected.

What I want:

I want to play my snythesizer and hear the sound over my monitors

What I get:

a) I play my synth and can listen to it over the headphones put into headphone 1 at komplete audio 6 - so the signal is there (even the blue lights at int 1 and 2 are flashing when I play the synth, and: I put the switches at the ka6 on "Int" and the switch on 1/2 on input

b) I open my DAW (presonus studio 5.5) and make a track and I can play my synth and - tadaaa... theres the sound via monitors - but I simply don't want to open my DAW everytime I want to play some Synth-Thingss.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ... I'm running out of ideas,

have a nice day,

Lg, Stefan Müller

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Stefan,

Well, if it's only to hear the sound of the synth, maybe a mixer would do it. If you are going the hardware route and you also wish to record your synths I would suggest an audio interface in a higher range, with good converters and routing options like RME, Universal Audio, Apogee to name a few.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Stefan,

Unfortunately there is no direct monitoring on the main outputs on the Komplete Audio 6 mk2. You either need a DAW or an audio router like Loopback if you're on Mac: https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/ or Voicemeeter on WIndows: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

• StefanMiller
    StefanMiller Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, Jeremy,

thx a lot for this solving, but - you guessed it - rather disappointing answer. I find this really unintuitiv, bc that's what an audio interface should do, shouldn't it?

For I am not convinced in using software again an would like to try a more hardware-oriented solution, may I expand my question now as:

So what is the easiest solution to get my synth - which does not have speakers - to sound without using additional software, I wonder - and b) what would be the best sounding in your opinion?

lg again, Stefan Müller

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey Stefan,

Well, if it's only to hear the sound of the synth, maybe a mixer would do it. If you are going the hardware route and you also wish to record your synths I would suggest an audio interface in a higher range, with good converters and routing options like RME, Universal Audio, Apogee to name a few.