Display expression pedal value numerically

MancunianKeys
MancunianKeys Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

I apologise if I'm asking an obvious question but this isn't my field of expertise. I am using a MIDI keyboard with Kontakt, with a Roland EV-5 expression pedal. I require quick but accurate control of the volume: is there a way I can get Kontakt to display a numerical value for the pedal? Preferably as large as possible although I expect I can use the MacBook zoom feature to highlight this.

Many thanks in advance and apologies if the answer is obvious!

B

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, Kontakt does come with a built in MIDI monitor script, and multiscript. Press the KSP button in top right, then among presets you will find factory -> utilities -> MIDI monitor.

Answers

• Wonner
    Wonner Member Posts: 10 Member

I am not aware of any way to do this in Kontakt, but perhaps a third party midi monitor, such as MidiView on Mac (free in the App Store) would provide the info you need.

• MancunianKeys

Thanks very much, I'll check it out!

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, Kontakt does come with a built in MIDI monitor script, and multiscript. Press the KSP button in top right, then among presets you will find factory -> utilities -> MIDI monitor.

• MancunianKeys

Hi, sorry for my slow thanks to your reply but the MIDI monitor worked perfectly! I could turn off all other inputs apart from the expression, and used the Zoom function on the MacBook to have a full-screen volume monitor. Many thanks! B