Maschine MK3 - other uses than drums/beats...?

G.B.
G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
edited April 2022 in Maschine

If you really aren't looking to use the Maschine MK3 for drums/beats...

What other useful uses are there...?

Tagged:

Comments

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor

Strange question - I use it for everything...?

It has a piano roll, you can play and edit keyboard/bass parts on it easily..you can have any polyphonic VST instrument in a sound slot, not just a sample..

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper

Yeah... this is ALL new to me... coming from Synths...

Trying to figure it all out :)

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

It’s a learning curve, but maschine is far from only a groove box. It’s everything!!! It’s easier for me to create Melodie’s and chords on the pads bcs I’m a drummer and think drumming. Connect a midi keyboard if you’re a keyboard thinker and whoop there it is. You can do everything on a maschine, it’s pretty limitless and easy to work on, everything is at your fingertips and many functions and features are a button or a shift+ combo away, not further. Get a hang of patterns/scenes and master/group/sound quickly and from there it’ll be like a waterfall.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited April 2022

I use my Maschine+ as a MIDI sequencer, aside from the few shortcomings (no CC automation editor, no sysex etc) and the quirky workaround for storing program changes within lock states, Maschine is a great bread & butter MIDI sequencer. I adore the legato pattern/scene switching, it's seamless, and also like that each group can have an independent lenght. No stupid pattern lenght limitations either, and unlimited groups/patterns/scenes, such a thing is actually rare in today's MIDI sequencer landscape.