How to MIDI sync Guitar Rig 6 to Maschine

Wouter De Muynck
Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
edited April 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi,

I checked the manuals of both applications (Maschine and Guitar Rig 6). Within Maschine - Preferences - Midi, I select "Send Clock" as Sync Mode. In Guitar Rig 6 (stand-alone mode) I set enable the metronome and set the Sync type to "Extern". Nothing happens on MIDI level 😊. I don't have a clue how to validate if Maschine is actually broadcasting the MIDI clock.

Any ideas on this topics?

Thanks,

Wouter

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

If you want to sync both as sand alone applications you need a virtual midi cable between the two programs for tansmitting the clock signal. Just google it with your os and you'll find virtual midi solutions, mac has one build in afaik, and for windows bou can use boomes midi cable for example.

Uwe

• Uwe303
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Yes unfortunately not, that is not possible, you could use gr within maschine or try a live host program to handle then the signature and sync. A live host can load vsts and you can make snapshots and many cool stuff. Maybe that's the way to go for you then.

Uwe

P. S. Mac has mainstage afaik

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

If you want to sync both as sand alone applications you need a virtual midi cable between the two programs for tansmitting the clock signal. Just google it with your os and you'll find virtual midi solutions, mac has one build in afaik, and for windows bou can use boomes midi cable for example.

Uwe

• Wouter De Muynck

Thanks @Uwe303! I will do my homework 😌

• Wouter De Muynck

@Uwe303, Google did the job and for Mac you only need the enable the IAC Driver & configure MIDI in and out. BPM is synced nicely now, but what I did notice is that the time signature is't adapted between Maschine and Guitar Rig. I will check with NI support on that one. Thanks for the tip!

• Wouter De Muynck

Apparently the MIDI clock doesn't communicate time signature.

• Uwe303
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Yes unfortunately not, that is not possible, you could use gr within maschine or try a live host program to handle then the signature and sync. A live host can load vsts and you can make snapshots and many cool stuff. Maybe that's the way to go for you then.

Uwe

P. S. Mac has mainstage afaik

• Wouter De Muynck
    edited April 2022

Thanks again @Uwe303 , I will certainly look into these options!

Best regards,

Wouter