Can anyone suggest a fix for the panel LIST module?

Studiowaves
Studiowaves Member Posts: 451 Advisor
edited January 2022 in Building With Reaktor

Notice the output value is 0 but it should be 1. Any ideas why.

Next I switch to a different entry, open the gui lock button then close it , turn off edit , turn on edit, then I get a 1 as shown. On occasion the list does not function at all, in order to change an entry I have to turn on edit, open and close the lock button, exit edit and then it functions.

It's on layer 4

I put it on layer 0 to see if it fixes it. Saved and reloaded and it's still working so only time will tell. Unless there is a solution someone knows. I also re saved all patches.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited January 2022

double click value and type in 0 (zero)

layer 4 is a graphic layer only

• Studiowaves

I changed it to zero but it made no difference. Then I noticed it was doing the same thing on a few other patches. I may have duplicated one instead of getting a fresh one from the library and that is doing it. If I can't solve it by re saving the patches and using layer 0 I'll try a fresh one. One thing at a time is my motto but it is strange how none of the list switches occasionally stop working in spin mode and the fix is to turn on edit, unlock the panel movement lock, close the lock then turn off edit. Do that fixes it every time, never fails to not fix it so it might be an initialization problem. The list has been a problem from day one but I like it because you can click on the plus and minus buttons for fine tuning or hold the mouse over the entry section and then it works like a standard knob. When switching to spin mode and then back to another mode it gets screwed up ever time. So the module itself may need an overhaul. I asked a year ago for the devs to look at it but they are busy on other projects. Hopefully they will get to it someday.

• Paule

Hook an adder behind the list and on the second In a constant -1. So it counts from zero .. 9 = 10 steps.

• Studiowaves

Maybe the list was written 15 years ago and its no longer compatible with current initialization methods. It works fine once you get it started. Maybe it needs to connect to a primary module first before the core input. Who knows.

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor
    edited January 2022

Is 'Enable Switch Off' disabled in the inspector?

Disable that if it's enabled.

• Studiowaves

It doesn't seem to be.

• Paule

Alex shows you an image from the list. Al show me a picture from a button.

That can't be come to work. ^^

• Studiowaves

Hi Paul, Its fixed finally, it had two problems, You need to re save your patches whenever you mess with an event type of module. If you don't and recall the patch the event will not work like an audio input does. We all know adding a knob or something if not saved in a snapshot will not call recall the position until the snapshot is saved with the new knob. But the knobs value does work if connected to an audio input. However it will not work going into an event input even if turn the knob. Very screwy, that's why the panel button would not change it's value going into an event input but did going into an audio input. After saving the patch with the new panel button then it started to change its value going into an event input. Very tricky indeed.

• Paule

I've never noticed that, because I always have a lot of backups.

• Studiowaves

I think I've confused you Paule. You need to re-save the existing patches whenever you add an event module after the patches were made. For some unknown reason ( I suspect a lack of initialization ) they don't work like audio inputs do unless the patch was saved and then recalled. At least that's how this was acting for me with the list module. As you can see plain as day in the original post the output of the list was 0 but it was set to put out a 1. Saving the patch and reloading it fixed the problem. So I'm not talking about keeping a backup. I hope you understand this now. It thru me, but I'm not use to working with event inputs and I learned something. I've also learned that using the edit mode can disrupt panel switch choices on event inputs with modulation macros. That's another story though, but yes the button setting reverted to 0 when I exited edit mode. I had to turn the switch off then back on. So it's a bit tricky with modulation macros and edit mode.