How to please the Controller Editor God?

Golden Brown
Golden Brown Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi all,

I'm using the Controller Editor to create some custom templates for my Maschine MK3. On the "Pages" tab there is a list of Pad Pages that I either created newly or copy-pasted from another template.

I want to rename the Pad Pages to my liking and for the life of me I can't figure out when the renaming works! I mean, I know that I need to double-click the page name and miraculously the name goes into edit mode, the text is highlighted in beautiful sun-shine yellow, I get to see the gorgeous edit cursor and if I type some gibberish and hit the return key, voila! the new name or my random keystrokes, get saved as I want.

It's a miracle because the appearance of the edit mode when you double-click the name happens at God's will. It's like your prayers - some of them work purely by luck, but most of them don't.

So my question is - Is there a reliable, sure shot way to always be able to edit Pad Pages every time you double click the name?

Attached is an example of when the heaven's opened once.

Usually what happens is that the double click works once or twice after not using Controller Editor for a sometime. And then it stops. No matter how hard you click and how many times you click, it just doesn't get into the Edit mode. (I know that shouldn't matter, but I had to try because Native Instruments' products work in mysterious ways)

Other details that maybe relevant: I'm on a 14" MacBook M1 Pro running macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and Controller Editor 2.6.2 (R547).

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

no problem here on windows, maybe you try to go away with the mouse pointer then you go back right on the label and try to click then.

Uwe

• Golden Brown
    Answer ✓

@Uwe303 - I almost jumped with joy when the "go away with the mouse pointer and come back" worked for a couple of times, and was ready to mark your response as an answer.

But unfortunately, it seems like just clicking outside somewhere and coming back to double-click doesn't really work. What does seem to work is really going away and typing something somewhere else (like this comment) and going back and double-clicking in the Controller Editor. But, I'll still mark your response as the answer to my question. Thank you very much!

To the Product Manager of Controller Editor - I hope you are reading this comment. Please just add a "Rename" option in the sub-menu. It'll save hundreds if not thousands of creative hours across the world.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

no problem here on windows, maybe you try to go away with the mouse pointer then you go back right on the label and try to click then.

Uwe

• Golden Brown
    Answer ✓

@Uwe303 - I almost jumped with joy when the "go away with the mouse pointer and come back" worked for a couple of times, and was ready to mark your response as an answer.

But unfortunately, it seems like just clicking outside somewhere and coming back to double-click doesn't really work. What does seem to work is really going away and typing something somewhere else (like this comment) and going back and double-clicking in the Controller Editor. But, I'll still mark your response as the answer to my question. Thank you very much!

To the Product Manager of Controller Editor - I hope you are reading this comment. Please just add a "Rename" option in the sub-menu. It'll save hundreds if not thousands of creative hours across the world.