How can I make the Kontakt Player work in Logic?

ctodd
ctodd Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hello,

Mac user M1 Laptop, Logic Pro; I can install the (free) Kontakt player in a Logic Project, load an instrument, hear the sounds triggered through the little keyboard featured in the GUI but can not trigger sounds through Logic.

My MIDI is working. I can play stock Logic (EXS, Alchemy, etc.) sounds as well as third party samples (Spitfire BBCOS). Even gotten Reaktor to work!

HELP me please!

Very frustrated that there seems to be no customer service through Native Instruments. (Yes, I realize this plug-in is free, but I have no incentive to buy the full version if I have these kinds of problems with the free version.)

thanks,

ctr

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Make sure the midi channel being sent to Kontakt is Channel 1 or in the instrument, change the incoming midi channel to omni.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Make sure the midi channel being sent to Kontakt is Channel 1 or in the instrument, change the incoming midi channel to omni.

• ctodd

THANK YOU!

I figured it was something simple like this. (And now I reminded that there's still so many little things about MIDI I wish I understood better...)

• ctodd

PS: I switched the Kontakt instrument to omni. I have no idea if that's a better solution than having my MIDI send on channel 1.

• Blindeddie

Well, if you are only loading one instrument per instance of Kontakt, that is fine, but if you want to use a single instance of Kontakt to load multiple instruments, then you would want to assign a specific Midi Channel to each instrument. Then you would need to route the specific channels from the individual tracks...Hope that makes sense!!!