How to install FM8 TIA

craig@yepher.com
craig@yepher.com Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Native Access

I was able to install FM7 on a new laptop but FM8 aint working. I have tried sooo hard to contact NI but to no avail.

What hoops do I need to jump through to get this program up and running? I want to buy more NI product but if this is how it works (does not work), then I will move on and go with another company and write this off as a loss. Honestly, I want the software I paid for and need it to work. I appreciate any help here.

Used Native Access to download the most recent version. My laptop is an HP-15-bs289wm with Intel Pentium Silver running Windows 10, 4GB DDR4 system memory,a Novation Launchpad 49 via USB.

Device name DESKTOP-K09ILKH

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz  1.10 GHz

Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable)

Device ID E54A8C74-3779-47EE-955A-DBF25A60FC7B

Product ID 00325-80192-88622-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

Device name DESKTOP-K09ILKH

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz  1.10 GHz

Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable)

Device ID E54A8C74-3779-47EE-955A-DBF25A60FC7B

Product ID 00325-80192-88622-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

The program seems to install and shows up on my computer but when I launch it I get the spinny thing and then.......nothing happens.

Thanks again for helping me get this software running. Blessid be.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

have you gone here:

Downloads : Update Manager | Support (native-instruments.com)

and searched FM8? try installing the latest update as the boxed version you are installing from may not work correctly on Newer operating systems. Also, have you opened Native Access to see if there is an update there?

The latest version is 1.4.4, versions up to 1.4.1 are available on the page I linked, but if you use that link and then load Native Access, it should show an update to 1.4.4

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

Make sure that your computer meet the following specs first:

Also, we'd need a bit more detail about when is the blocker happening. In Native Access? In the DAW? Which DAW?

Feel free to post screenshots.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Please authorize FM8 via Native Access?

• craig@yepher.com

Native Access can not find internet! Tried offline and that does not help. What am I doing wrong here? My computer has internet and I just need to get this software working. Thanks.

• craig@yepher.com

This is the spinny thing that states that Service Center can not find internet - yet every other program on my system can - how do I fix this and launch FM8??? I downloaded FM7 and FM8 so obviously I have internet and FM7 works. PLEASE HELP! TIA

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Service Center no longer exists, so it will never connect… you need to download Native Access from here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access/

You can register and download using that! It is the only way at this point!!!