Using the remix deck loop recorder with an external mixer

Options
VinnyTroia
VinnyTroia Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi. I have been trying to use the loop records to create loops in the remix deck. I typically only want to record one specific channel, not the entire master output, so I would set the source to "cue" and just select that deck to record from.

This only seems to work when using the internal mixer. If I am connected to a Pioneer or any other external mixer, the source is set to EXT and can't be changed. So how am i supposed to record loops on the fly if i can only record the entire master channel?

Is there a way around this? Am i missing something? Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

what exact model is the mixer? Of course cue can´t be a internal source if you use external mixer, cause cue is then handled by the mixer. maybe your mixer has a send you don´t need or some possibillity to route it.

Uwe

P.S. thought a bit about it and tried in traktor, would be nice to have all 4 decks as source, each one of course alone, just an additional option

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

what exact model is the mixer? Of course cue can´t be a internal source if you use external mixer, cause cue is then handled by the mixer. maybe your mixer has a send you don´t need or some possibillity to route it.

Uwe

P.S. thought a bit about it and tried in traktor, would be nice to have all 4 decks as source, each one of course alone, just an additional option