Removal of automatic Sounds.com downloads from MASCHINE & KOMPLETE KONTROL

Matt_NI
Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Since we got asked this a few times, we're adding this thread for visibility.

From MASCHINE 2.15 and KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.7 onwards, automatic file downloads from Sounds.com to the browser will no longer be available. It is still possible to manually download these files from Sounds.com and add them to MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL.

The removal of this functionality comes as part of our development of KOMPLETE NOW, and major changes to Native Access which we are working on implementing. These will use the same NTKDaemon application (our background app that allows our products to communicate with each other). In order to keep NTKDaemon lightweight, performant and efficient, we need to remove it from Sounds.com automatic downloads.

Our Knowledge Base team highlighted tips on how to add sounds.com content in Maschine / Komplete Kontrol here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4419613850385

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Thanks for clarifying information like this. It speaks well of transparency efforts.. revealing the reasons behind such a decision to omit something.

• lord of synth
    lord of synth Member Posts: 6 Member

Too bad. It was a good browsing experience having the packs appear with images and tags. This feature was the main reason I used sounds.com vs. Splice.

• wozithegreat
    wozithegreat Member Posts: 2 Member

Same here. time to go explore other options. Native instruments really screwed the pooch here. My manual libraries don't even show up in the LIbrary window but it shows up in file directory window.

is there any plan to add it back in the future or another way? The browser experience is the only reason I've chosen sounds.com over others like splice. Time to use up the rest of my credits and go shopping for other solutions. really sad to see Native instruments do this to the sounds.com product. I pay more for that then i will every pay for KOMPLET NOW. That sh!t is DOA for me. but Hey, don't let me stop you guys from running your business into the grown and chasing away customers. Let's not even mention Maschine 3.0 vapor ware that will never come. Really getting tired of this sh!t.