Automatically set loaded tracks to master BPM

Darren JD
Darren JD Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Is there a way of doing this without having to press the sync button,

what im trying to do is make my DVS run like a CDJ setup almost,

i want to load a track have it match the master BPM automatically but still be able to nudge and stroke the platter of the deck to adjust the tempo if needed so i dont want sync on al the time only to set the BPM

i got close but i ran into a problem, i mapped my midi controller so when i select a deck it also presses the sync button but i set it so the sync didn't stay on, i thought i had cracked it but if the deck isnt playing the sync won't set to the master which is what i want, so if i load 3 tunes into 3 decks i want all the tempos to be set ready to go

can anyone help in anyway?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

There is a command called 'Tempo Sync'. It's a trigger, not a toggle. If you activate it, the track's BPM will align with the Master BPM for the moment. It doesn't matter if the deck is playing, but it should be loaded before using the command.

• Darren JD

Hey thanks for the reply,

Thats great and has helped a lot, only problem i dont think it works with DVS? would you agree that a good idea is to map the tempo sync with my deck load buttons so it does instantly, i tried this and it works fine in normal mode but once in DVS its stops working when you say it should be loaded before using could you explain that part? Do you mean i have to press a button tempo sync is mapped to before i load a track?

Do you think there would be a way to make it so the tempo sync is on all the time or is triggered somehow so every time i load a tune on DVS all my tunes are loaded at the same BPM?

Thanks so much for your help

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper

This is something i've been trying to do too but it looks like it's a bug in traktor.

• Sûlherokhh

You could map the assignment to the same button you use for loading a track and check the 'invert' box, so that the tempo sync triggers when you release the load button. Tempo sync works only if there is already a track loaded that can be synced.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

I'd use a "Deck Is Loaded" output command to send signal back into Traktor (using a virtual midi cable) then use that signal to start a modifier sequence which automatically activates and deactivates Sync function after the track is loaded.

The modifier serves as a little timer basically.

• Darren JD

hey do you think you could break this down for me by any chance on how i can do this please?

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    Answer ✓

Tempo Sync is an option in preferences.

Select it there. Does exactly what you want.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/beat-sync-vs-tempo-sync.148716/

• Sûlherokhh