Native Instruments is now part of Soundwide + freebies 🎁

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

If those artists represent a focus for the range of "expansion sets".. yes, it is important.

Try harder Soundwide. Be more inclusive.

• Hippstar
    Hippstar Member Posts: 9 Member

Very interesting.

I own stuff from all three companies. Just bought Black Box, bx_Oberhausen and some other stuff last year during sale. So hopefully we will get one downloader/update-tool in the future.

On the other side, I'm not sure if the new company will get to big and loses touch with the customer and users.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

The Plugin Alliance site seems to be struggling...

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Big fan of PIA, and don’t have some of these. Excellent stuff, thank you!

• Hippstar
    Hippstar Member Posts: 9 Member
  • Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

Bare with us if one of the website is struggling to keep up with the amount of requests. I seem to be able to get through PA but it's very very slow. Right now is probably going to be the busiest peak as US folks see the news.

• nightjar

It indicates that Soundwide is not reaching broadly enough to incorporate a vision of how their products can be used.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru

That PA bundle is crazy good - much obliged!

Hope soundwise is the right step for NI and everyone involved. If all the companies onboard could share teams and resources for tackling various projects, I bet nothing would be impossible.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro

Must admit, I'm almost surprised not to see Bitwig as part of this liaison.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro

nightjar

It indicates that Soundwide is not reaching broadly enough to incorporate a vision of how their products can be used.

I'm a tad curious about who you think should be onboard and why......

• nightjar

For starters, at least have some artists from a broader range of genres... rock, folk, country.. and this is just a biased smidgen of what should be there from the start. There is so much more. Other companies are presenting a much more inclusive feel... Toontrack as one example.

And there should be some inclusion of music educators in there... getting deeply embedded in the education market should be a strategic goal from the start.

• Vfold
    Vfold Member Posts: 13 Member

Well let’s hope something good comes out of this. I have to admit I’m skeptical. It’s pretty clear without the users here want, without the help of an ”Artist Board”. Maybe there’s no money in that. Hope I’m wrong.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

I see it the same way, i like hip hop expansions also for minimal and ambient stuff. I just forget about all those labels and use what i like, what i hear. I see the point that artists are maybe an important identification figure, i would also like to see more techno, ambient and what not artists - sure - but i can use sounds like already said.

Uwe

This discussion has been closed.