Kontakt 6 crashes on Big Sur (M1)

Andrew Sherlock
Andrew Sherlock Member Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

I installed new update for Kontakt and I can not open it - crashes instantly. Recently I installed Noir and session guitar from my K13 (standard) library. I'm using M1 and BigSur. Any one else suffering?

Andrew Sherlock

Answers

• Nick Blanc
    Nick Blanc Member Posts: 12 Member

I'm having the same issues. I'm on Windows with an i9 12th gen and Ableton. Installed the latest update recently, opened it up this weekend and it instantly crashes when starting up (I see a loading circle for a brief moment and then nothing happens). Also Kontakt won't even show in Ableton anymore. The VST's are still there in explorer. The libraries are still there (and work in Komplete Kontrol). Re-install did'nt work.

I will try the provided link. But it seems to me this is a bug in the latest update and fiddling around in my registry should not be a first resort.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited April 2022

You don't need to fiddle with the registry, but you should remove the database files (point 2. Reinitialize the Kontakt database).

It IS a bug, already reported at 6.7.0 and a fix was attempted in 6.7.1. Seems it works in some cases and others not.

• Nick Blanc

OK, so you're suggesting trying point 2 first. I will do that this evening. A bugfix would be nicer, but if this solves it and won't give me trouble later on...

• Andrew Sherlock
    Andrew Sherlock Member Posts: 7 Member

OK so I have tried point 2 of the link and I can now open Kontakt (6) - both independently and in Mainstage.

I note an update ready for Komplete Kontrol......

• Nick Blanc

The same for me, option 2 seems to have solved it. Thanks!