Session Strings 2 only one nki file available.

aslane
aslane Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Session Strings 2 library I have installed. I manage it via the Konkakt 6 player and it seems there is only one .nki file available, "Session Strings 2.nki". The file lives on disc at `C:\Users\Public\Documents\Session Strings 2\Instruments`.

From what I understand, there should be about 11 of these files and those are how single instruments are handled.

Per the Manual:

"""

3 The Ten KONTAKT Instruments (.nki Files) SESSION STRINGS PRO 2 provides you with ten separate KONTAKT *.nki files, but these can be broken down into simple categories. There are two main instrument types: ▪ Individual Instrument Groups – these nkis contain the samples of the two sections of a single string instrument: ◦ Violins ◦ Violas ◦ Celli ◦ Basses ▪ Ensemble – the ensemble nkis contain a full string orchestra, combining all of the string sections into one nki.

"""

It seems now with loading just this one, I am dealing with the whole orchestra and I'd like to be able to explore the granularity of separating out string instruments (and being able to use the product's full functionality).

I haven't been able to find information on this issue from other user experiences, any help is much appreciated.

-Andrew

P.S. I've tried reinstalling the library as well as `Reset and Scan` to the Konkakt 6 database.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You have Session Strings 2, not Session Strings Pro 2. SS2 only has the ensemble patch.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You have Session Strings 2, not Session Strings Pro 2. SS2 only has the ensemble patch.

• aslane
    aslane Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Ah that is it! Thank you.