Traktor - exporting cue points & playlists to other software

frankle
frankle Member Posts: 16 Helper

Well, I'm back in the game after some time off ...

Not much has changed regarding how I play or what hardware I use, however my backup plan at gigs, and what I play from while setting up my laptop, is normally an external SSD with all of my tracks, playlists and cue points pushed from Traktor, to Rekordbox via Record Buddy 2. I paid for both 1 and 2, they were great, did exactly what I needed.

It was such a neat simple system, Traktor is always my number one option but if I had to the SSD worked as expected because Rekordbox Buddy kept my tracks in sync between my MacBook and my backup SSD.

So, although Rekord Buddy 2 is now freeware, updated MacBook and all that so I can't seem to get it working. And even with my old installer, it won't activate.

I have tried to also use DJ Conversion Utility and Traktor Tag Sync Utility but to be honest, it's a convoluted mess in comparison to Record Buddy. I've watched videos and gone through the steps and it just hung ... I know the guy who developed it will probably chime in here and say it's easy, watch another video, but he has my money and good luck to him. Moving right along ...

From what I gather there is also another solution that you pay a monthly subscription for with cloud sync ... not interested in continually dishing out money, and not interested in the cloud stuff. Happy to pay once, or even later for updates if required, but Rekord Buddy set a reasonable bar for the right solution!

And I guess we should also add in, Rekordbox 5 vs Rekordbox 6 ... I'm certainly not paying Pioneer DJ every month for their subscription service, and the vast majority of venues I play in are still on CDJ-2000NXS2 (and that's what I have), so I guess I can stick to Rekordbox 5?

So what are people using to keep their systems in sync?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,334 Expert

And I guess we should also add in, Rekordbox 5 vs Rekordbox 6 ... I'm certainly not paying Pioneer DJ every month for their subscription service, and the vast majority of venues I play in are still on CDJ-2000NXS2 (and that's what I have), so I guess I can stick to Rekordbox 5?

If it's just to export to USB key, you can use Rekordbox 6. Just performance mode is behind a paywall or hardware unlock.

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Hey @frankle good to see you in the new forum 👋😀

I can only offer what I do which is use DJ Conversion Utility.

You're right, is a little convoluted but I managed to get a good grasp and can quickly convert tracks and playlists to use on USB stick with my CDJ2000nxs. I'm only using the basic version of Rekordbox 5 purely for converting Traktor playlists, I certainly won't be using Rekordbox software live as I find it unbelievably frustrating (that's mostly down to being a Traktor guy for too long).

Also, I'm not syncing systems, I'm just syncing select playlists for certain gigs so my usage scenario is different.

There was an issue with DJCU not working with RB6 but I think that may have been resolved now !?!

Like I say, I can't really help with your cause.

Karlos.

• frankle
    frankle Member Posts: 16 Helper

Hey @Karlos Santos ... great to see some familiar names, and get back into some gigs so we have stuff to talk about!

As good as it was to learn about some new things (streaming and cameras, amongst new found toys, lol) it's good to be back on familiar turf. We're back into full swing here in Melbourne Australia after being the most locked down city in the world!

I may end up going a similar route to you, get some basic lists exported to get me through if I need to use it ... I'll give DJCU another crack, I was probably a bit harsh on it TBH but as I mentioned we were certainly spoiled with the ease of use that Rekord Buddy offered.

I'm sure I'll be around here a bit, probably going to get an M1 (something) MacBook Pro at some stage, which will certainly have me diving right back into the problems caused by Apple or NI with whatever updates happen! Although, recently adding a 2TB M.2 drive to my 15" MacBook Pro from 2015 has given it some extra life ... 😁