Native Instruments Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News

Since Apple's macOS 12 Monterey was launched on October 25, 2021, our product team has been busy running compatibility tests to make sure that all NI products are working with the new operating system.

To check if your gear and plugins are compatible, check out this page: https://bit.ly/n1-mac We will be regularly updating the list so please check back as we add more to it.

P.S. The full M1 chip compatibility is also a priority on our road map. We appreciate your patience as we work closely with the Apple team on this! 🙏

Tagged:

Comments

• Jonathan Blake
    Jonathan Blake Member Posts: 13 Member

My experiences thus far - using the latest version of TP and an S3 controller with a 16" MBP with the M1 chip (16GB RAM and 1TB SSD). On initial setup after migrating from a 13" MBP with an i5 processor, I was immediately prompted to do a firmware update on the S3 (no such prompt on the 13"). Migration was smooth and exact. I only lost the name of my preferred set-up on the S3. TP is running flawlessly - I was experiencing (occasional) audio drop outs on the 13" and obvious wave-form stuttering. There is some very slight wave-form stuttering on the 16". The (green) Play button did not light up with the i5 processor (both on the controller and software), but works with the M1. Audio quality is notably improved and I have had to decrease gain on the mixer channels to avoid clipping and the same for recording level. CD quality is also notably improved (burned off the 16" with an external ASUS CD drive). The S3 is more 'precise' and responsive - especially when using 4 decks and multiple FX. More than happy with the migration.

Thank you.

• Robvg
    Robvg Member Posts: 3 Member
    Maybe we can make a collection, a donation of 5 euro each for the Monterey programmers team to hire some extra hands and get the Kontakt player up and running:)
  • Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Robvg said:
    Maybe we can make a collection, a donation of 5 euro each for the Monterey programmers team to hire some extra hands and get the Kontakt player up and running:)
    Kontakt is already in Beta afaik. A new release seems to be scheduled for February.
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited January 2022
    Matt @ NI said:
    Robvg said:
    Kontakt is already in Beta afaik. A new release seems to be scheduled for February.
    Yes indeed, the new Beta is available and Monterey compatible (among other nice things) @Robvg If you wish to join the Kontakt beta, let me know and I'll give your email to the Kontakt team so you can give it a go.
  • Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Thanks for an overview @Jonathan Blake
    You sound like a perfect candidate for an S3 beta test. 🤩
  • mindfilter
    mindfilter Member Posts: 1 Member

I'd like to join the Kontakt beta to try it out on my new M1 Macbook. Can you also send my information to the Kontakt team, @Jeremy @ NI ?

• Vanderdecker
    Vanderdecker Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 2022

I am running a new Macbook Pro with an Apple M1 Max chip (32 GB ram, 2TB SSD) using Monterey (12.1) with Komplete Ultimate 13 and Logic Pro (10.7.2), and I have tried Kontakt in Rosetta mode but I am having some issues. For example, I am getting randomly dropped midi notes during playback from sequences I generated using Damage etc. and some other general instabilities (crackles and pops). I would be happy to test out the beta version of Kontakt. The sounds are awesome but I can't use them effectively in a composition due to the instabilities.

• Robvg
    Robvg Member Posts: 3 Member

@Jeremy @ NI

Please hook me up with the Beta, Thanks:))

• Jeremy_NI
  • Jeremy_NI
  • Sonic_Ally
    Sonic_Ally Member Posts: 2 Member

Would love the beta. Upgrading to M1 this week. Please and thank you!

This discussion has been closed.