Hi NI, I have a product question

AudioHawk
AudioHawk Member Posts: 8 Member

Hello NI,

Playbox is great. I wish I had all the money for the Stradivarius series of instruments. And thank you for allowing Playbox to be controlled by the Maschine JAM.

I have a problem. Outside of a keyboard, there is only one controller out of everything ever made that actually works for me and enhances my workflow... the Maschine JAM.

The 4x4 pad for the smaller Maschine or the Micro are NOT effective control surfaces for me. 

Will you PLEASE make another JAM version, or PLEASE put the JAM into limited production? A used model now goes for more than $500. I can't afford that. Especially since the original was a bargain at $299.

The touchstrips and the larger keypad have become extremely important to me. And I was not available to secure a second JAM before they went out of production. I am concerned about the wear and tear of my controller and not being able to replace it. Can we get a limited run of the old JAM or a new JAM please?

Michael Hawkins

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

A lot of us would love to see a reincarnation of the Jam but I wouldn't hold your breath. They've been pretty consistent about its being permanently discontinued. 

I am not sure about "permanently discontinued". Folks from NI said many times, that it is not comming any time soon.

So, it may change.....

I also see great value in Jam. I have bought backup one, just for case the one I use would die one day....

Maschine and Jam make great combo.

But if you keep your eye on eBay you should be able to get it for way less than $500. 

Sure, it is possible to get one secondhand considerably cheaper. But it seems to me prices go up.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

I agree wholeheartedly! It's a fabulous piece of gear. And it pairs beautifully with M+. Plus when I'm connected to my computer, I LOVE the enlarged fonts on the Browser and attribute submenus. Great for those of us you are - umm - mature. 😂

A lot of us would love to see a reincarnation of the Jam but I wouldn't hold your breath. They've been pretty consistent about its being permanently discontinued. 😭

But if you keep your eye on eBay you should be able to get it for way less than $500. I got mine a couple of months ago for $275 there on a "buy it now." Wasn't super clean but after spending 20 minutes with a microfiber cloth and isopropyl alcohol, it came out beautifully.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

A lot of us would love to see a reincarnation of the Jam but I wouldn't hold your breath. They've been pretty consistent about its being permanently discontinued. 

I am not sure about "permanently discontinued". Folks from NI said many times, that it is not comming any time soon.

So, it may change.....

I also see great value in Jam. I have bought backup one, just for case the one I use would die one day....

Maschine and Jam make great combo.

But if you keep your eye on eBay you should be able to get it for way less than $500. 

Sure, it is possible to get one secondhand considerably cheaper. But it seems to me prices go up.