Scanapp Unexpectedly Quit during Komplete Kontrol startup

iheathen
iheathen Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi, just downloaded Komplete Kontrol and just connected my brand new M32 Controller. Should be exciting times, but I'm really frustrated because ScanApp is crashing in mid-launch and the Kontrol app doesn't seem to be working because of it.

Please help! Here is the crash report.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @iheathen I see that you're in contact with my colleagues now. They should find the solution for this.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

This can happen if KK encounters a “bad” VST during the scan. (Not that it is a bad VST, just cannot give registered properly)

what you can try is lock at the startup screen during the scan to see if a specific VST appears right before the crash, then remove that VST from the scan path and try again. Worst case scenario would be to remove all VSTs, the open KK after adding them back one at a time…a daunting task if you have lots of VSTs. Anyway, just a suggestion as I have no idea if that is the actual problem!!!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Jeremy_NI maybe would be able to help with this one 🙏

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2022

Hey there! First of all make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If it still crashes you can reset the database by deleting this folder:

Macintosh HD / Users / Your User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Komplete Kontrol

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Now start Komplete Kontrol in standalone, it should rescan the database. did that fix the issue ?

• iheathen

Hi, thanks for the response, however I did all that, and it still crashes. Here is the new crash report from just now.

• Blindeddie

Since this is a user forum, you should contact support directly at:

Komplete Kontrol – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• iheathen

thanks but they don't answer. Hoping @Jeremy_NI can continue the conversation here.

• Blindeddie

did you go through the wizard and create a support ticket? That is the only way...no phone, no email...

• iheathen

sadly yes I did, days ago. I just did it again though. The above response from @Jeremy_NI is the only one I have received, however it did not solve the issue, it's still ongoing.

• Blindeddie

did you get a Support Ticket confirmation email or just no response at all... should have gotten an email at least...

• iheathen

yes the autoresponder. nothing else.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @iheathen I see that you're in contact with my colleagues now. They should find the solution for this.

• iheathen
    edited April 2022

I hope so @Jeremy_NI. I ran the support diagnostic tool for them yesterday and submitted it along with the crash report I had from the scan app itself, so I guess now I just wait?

• Jeremy_NI

Yes, and it looks they got back to you and everything is on it's way.

• Alt
    Alt Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2022

Hi Guys,

I'm encountering the same issue. New to Komplete and installed Komplete 13 yesterday. Your help is appreciated @Jeremy_NI

• Maxhombre
    Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member

Yes Im in Komplete Kontrol crash hell - reaching out to Ni but not really responding