Midi Controller not connecting with Monark

MG81
MG81 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Reaktor

Hi Community,

I am new here. I just downloaded Monark and am having an issue where I'm trying to use Monark and hitting my midi controller keys produces no sound. I have a Macbook Pro and I run Logic Pro X and my midi is an Akai MPK 249.

Generally, when I get new plug ins etc, the midi just works. For some reason with NI Monark it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

By default Monark only recieves midi in Channel 1, so make sure your controller is transmitting on Channel 1.\

OR

It can be changed to Omni (or any other channel) by clicking the Edit button at the top, click the check mark, then select the "Connect" tab. You can adjust the input channel from there...

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you are on Reaktor Player there is no access to EDIT.

Please change your keyboard to channel 1

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

By default Monark only recieves midi in Channel 1, so make sure your controller is transmitting on Channel 1.\

OR

It can be changed to Omni (or any other channel) by clicking the Edit button at the top, click the check mark, then select the "Connect" tab. You can adjust the input channel from there...

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you are on Reaktor Player there is no access to EDIT.

Please change your keyboard to channel 1

• Blindeddie

Thanks @Paule I was not sure if the “Player” had edit functionality or not… now I know!!!