Is it possible to make Session Strings Pro have faster attack?

justinwaterhouse
justinwaterhouse Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi there, I am using Session Strings Pro and I am finding it difficult to achieve the truthful immediate attack of string instruments for close mic'ed funk / disco. I should be able to play a melody on the keyboard and hear it immediately without having to spend a lot of time editing the midi due to slow attack of each note. I am sure everyone has experienced this with strings. Do I need a different sample set? I don't particularly want large, cinematic orchestral sample sets, just small detailed ensembles that attack nicely and perform without too much complex editing. Thanks, Justin

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey @justinwaterhouse Unfortunately there is no such feature in this library. Have you tried Symphony Essentials String Ensemble ? Maybe other users can give their go to string libraries or tips ?

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Welcome to the community!

Just making sure I fully got the issue: we're talking about Session Strings Pro, not Session Strings 2 Pro here, right? I just looked it up and noticed that both exist, however... Session Strings has been superseded by Session Strings 2 (which I own) and that instrument doesn't seem to have this issue with slow buildups. In fact, you can somewhat customize this, but the default presets provide a very short attack.

So assuming I got these details right then I'd suggest looking into Session Strings 2; maybe even the Pro version. You'd probably qualify for the upgrade fee as well.

• justinwaterhouse
    justinwaterhouse Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2022

Thanks for your comments, I am using the original version of Session Strings Pro, not Session Strings Pro 2. The walkthrough for Pro 2 says it is a big improvement on the one I have, so maybe I should upgrade to Pro 2. The attack sounds much better. Thanks for putting me onto that. What's that about qualifying for the upgrade fee?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey @justinwaterhouse If you have Komplete 11 Ultimate you qualify for the "Update" price at 149€: