M+ standalone optimized Reaktor content from the community

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Ehehe, Discord has a limitation of 7 or 8 MB for file uploads on non-boosted servers. 😥

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru

I am already familiar with that document. It is a reference manual of the Reaktor Core functions and features, and contains no tutorials. These two documents have totally different purposes, so one cannot replace the other.

Anyways, I am joining the Reaktor discord soon, so I'll have people I can bother with all my noob questions 😹

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited April 2022

Only the Nonlinear SVF filters work for me. With the others my M+ tries to load them and then reboots.

PS: On which computer OS have you created these? Maybe its an encoding issue, when I download them.

• Dstep ATL
    Dstep ATL Member Posts: 95 Helper

Any working Tape/Vinyl sim ensembles that work in M+. Just simple filtering and wow/flutter?

I’ve tried Reaktor in the past, and unfortunately for me my brain just doesn’t work the way some of you alls do, lol. I couldn’t handle programming in college either.

• tetsuneko

Ok, thanks for the info. All the ensembles are created on a mac running OS Catalina, with the same Reaktor version as what is current on Maschine+. Have you updated your Maschine+ Reaktor version? You can check this from SETTINGS - LIBRARY - Show Updates , If you don't see an update for Reaktor there, you have the latest version of Reaktor for M+. Version number should read 6.4.3 for "Reaktor 6 Application".

I bet there are plenty of vinyl sims in the Reaktor User Library, but nothing is officially supported. I haven't tried importing any vinyl sims either. I can add some sort of Vinyl Sim to my build study list, at least the filtering and saturating part oughta be easy, but don't yet know how difficult it is to create wow/flutter to an audio signal without introducing significant latency.. Might end up with something with so much latency that the only way to use it would be to resample through it..

• tetsuneko

Wow, that VHS Degradation Suite is impressive! Does it add latency in Maschine?

I'll need to take a better look at this.. Great stuff!

• Dstep ATL

Thank you Nico!

Tetsuneko, that is actually the one I'm trying to get optimized as well. Can't figure it out, though. Instructions for optimization are for Reaktor 5, and I only have 6 and seems completely different. Let me know if you have any luck. I tried saving an ensemble and getting it to load in Maschine software, but no luck.

On a sidenote, I'd be happy to PayPal you $20 for your time to create an optimized patch for it I can just load into my Maschine+ SD card, lol.

• tetsuneko
    edited April 2022

I'm on sick leave ATM (recovering from a medical procedure), I'll give it a shot as soon as I recorver. I don't think it would be right to ask for any money, if we get it working, you can send the 20 to the original ens creator hehe!

The grouping of parameters will be the first hurdle.. there are some UI rows there with 9 knobs, so obviously will need to regroup the controls differently.

EDIT: I started dissecting the VHS suite ens already; most of it seems quite straightforward but some of it is a bit more involved.. Right now, biggest hurdle in porting it to M+ is that there are certain UI controls in the ens which cannot be mapped in Maschine, mainly the pulldown menu of impulse responses and a few buttons which aren't actually buttons but 1-function switches.. Right now, I'm thinking of tackling the VHS suite modules one by one, I'd much prefer having them as separate plugins myself (impulse responses / wow/flutter / noises / saturation / compression / filtering...) rather than as just one single megaplugin.. far easier to troubleshoot too, if some of the individual modules of the whole turn out to cause issues in M+ (like the impulse response module or the noise module, both of which rely on audio samples to work correctly AFAICT)..

Ah yes, also make sure that your M+ is running Reaktor 6.4.3 (check for updates under SETTINGS - LIBRARY)

• Dstep ATL
  • darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Would there be interest in having a thread for people to post stuff they've built for M+?

I'm thinking you would post to the reaktor user library and then post a link in a sticky here. Comments and discussion regarding the ensemble can go over in the library.

I'm not enough of a geek to understand core; but I make a lot of little utilities with primary. I'd bet several of us have made ensembles to turn stuff mono. I've been playing around with an idea of making something similar to the basic utility plugin in ableton, a multitap delay, haas effect, synced autopan, etc. Not really things I'd ever use on desktop (because I have plugins for that stuff in my DAW), but really useful for Maschine+.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Definitely! Always cool to see new tricks for M+.

• tetsuneko
    edited April 2022

I think such a thread would be a great idea!

But I'm not conviced it would be a good idea to post simple "ease of life" utilities to the actual Reaktor User Library, as such ensembles would mainly be useful for standalone Maschine+ use. Since this forum allows attachments up to 100 Megabytes, it would be sufficient for most M+ optimized ensembles, since there is no point in spending a lot of bytes for graphical user interfaces nor creating colossal super-ensembles with vast amounts of audio samples inside.

I was also thinking about building a clone of Ableton "utility" as M+ ensembles (either just one with all functions or with each feature as a separate ens) one day. If you can cook one up, please post!

At the moment, I recommend sticking to Reaktor 6.4.3 for all M+ ensemble builds, this should maximize ens compatibility.

• djneural
    djneural Member Posts: 25 Helper

Could someone build a Vocoder or an Auto-Pitch FX for the M+ via Reaktor ? Or am I dreaming ?