Trying to connect a microphone to my S4

CHRISTIAN007
CHRISTIAN007 Member Posts: 24 Member

Hello everyone. The problem is solved. I reinstalled Traktor again and reinstalled the Asio drivers of the S4 MK3 now everything works. It was 100% because Windows simply installed Windows 11 and I put it back on Windows 10. Stay away from Windows 11. Thank you for your help. Greeting Christian......... Another problem I have but will set it in a new question

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Ryan_NI Can you try to help Christian with setting up his microphone?

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

Hey Christian - which specific OS are you on? If you're on macOS, could you follow the steps in the link below and let me know if the issue persists?

TRAKTOR Does Not Receive Audio or Timecode Signal with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and Higher

If the issue persists, could you please send me screenshots of the following in your Traktor preferences?

• Audio Setup
    • Output Routing
    • Input Routing
  • Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Welcome to the forum.

Ok, let's get this sorted for you.

There are a few more steps to achieve this which are outlined in the tutorial below.

I think you may need to select the Input Routing for Deck C as Traktor may not have configured it. Is the AUX knob showing on the software? You will need to show the crossfader in Preferences -> Mixer -> Mixer Layout:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209590869-How-to-Use-a-Microphone-with-the-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-S4

Are you trying to use a microphone on Traktor's Auxiliary (AUX) channel or thru Deck C Live Input so you can use it EQ?

I have used a mic on Deck D as Live Input so I can control the volume and EQ on the controller. I also created a small mapping that assigns the Lo, Mid & Hi EQ kill to the CUE button which works as a convenient ducking feature which Traktor controllers don't have onboard.

Let us know how you get on with the tutorial.

Karlos.

• CHRISTIAN007

Hello everyone. Thank you for your answers. it doesn't work out. Here are a few photos of the audio setup, input routing, output routing. the error lies. It may be due to Windows. I don't know what to do. Great if it would still work out with your help. Greeting Christian

• Karlos Santos

Yikes @Ryan_NI @Matt_NI I didn't see that you guys posted whilst I was writing my reply… I'm getting old and slow 🥺

@CHRISTIAN007 from the screen grab it doesn't look like you have assigned the Mic on Deck C in Input Routing.

What do you see in the drop down in Input Routing -> Input Deck C

Hopefully you will be able to select the microphone.

Karlos.

• CHRISTIAN007
    edited April 2022

I just tried it out on D.

But it doesn't work either.

• Karlos Santos

Did you try changing the Input routing?

• CHRISTIAN007
    edited April 2022

Yes, I have. But it didn't work either.

• DJ Jovani
    DJ Jovani Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello :)

Karlos, is it possible to share how you created the ducking feature? I've been looking for days on how to do this, no success yet =/

Thank you.