I cant find my music in different folders in the search box until I browse in their folders

Willian
Willian Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

My first time here, I apologize for any vocabulary mistakes as I am using the translator.

My question is the following, even having all my songs analyzed and imported to the collection, I can't find songs in other folders through the search field until I browse the folder where it is, so traktor seems to analyze all the songs in folder and adds them to the database for searching.

How do I disable this scan that traktor does on all songs in each folder when accessing that folder? Why doesn't traktor find the songs through the search because they are already analyzed?

Tagged:

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,312 mod
    edited April 2022

I am not sure if i understand your question correctly, but I'll give it a try.

First, you need to manually add all your music folders in "Preferences -> File Management -> Music Folders".

This is very important, because after that, Traktor knows where to look for music (it is best if you have one major folder, for example D:\Music -or whatever you like).

Then, if you don't want Traktor to analyze them (btw i wonder why? this is extremely useful and you only do it once!) you should go to the same page as before "Preferences -> File Management -> Music Folders" and disable the option "Analyze new imported tracks".

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Also keep in mind that "search" means, searching inside Traktor database only and NOT your entire system!

• Willian
    Willian Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2022

Thanks for the help, but that's not the point. My question is about traktor not finding my songs by searching different sub folders until I browse them. Example: My music collection has 10 folders, I am currently in folder "A", and if I type the name of a song in the search that is in folder "F" traktor doesn't find it until I browse the folder through the left menu , because it does that quick scan through each folder and it seems like it adds the songs to the search database. I don't know if I was clear now

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,312 mod
    edited April 2022

ok,

• are you sure that you have add all those tracks on Traktor database?
    • do you search in the Traktor database?

When you search for a track, you need to search on the database (or in the playlists), NOT in the music folders!

Note: You must first add ALL your music to the Traktor database otherwise the program can not find anything