Do I need the Full Kontakt for 3rd Party plugs?

hydroshock
hydroshock Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

So I've purchased a few NI products and there are a couple 3rd party plugs I'd like to purchase and use. In their description it doesn't make mention of a standalone vst to open in a daw, in fact they do say they are made for Kontakt. Just the Kontakt player was included in my purchase not the full version. Sorry if this has been asked before but do I have to upgrade to the full version in order for the 3rd Party plugs can work? Specifically I'd like to buy the Mercury Boy's Choir. I'm not opposed to upgrading to full version but I don't really use the instruments that it comes with. So...an extra 200$ on top of a 300$ plugin is what I'd like to avoid if possible. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

For Mercury you do need the full version of Kontakt, yes, as it is mentioned on Soundiron website.

• hydroshock
    Answer ✓

Aaah ok somehow I overlooked that. Thank you!

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

For Mercury you do need the full version of Kontakt, yes, as it is mentioned on Soundiron website.

• hydroshock
    Answer ✓

Aaah ok somehow I overlooked that. Thank you!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

Generally speaking, you'll find that compatibility information on the manufacturer's website. Just like EvilDragon posted above, you'll see either Kontakt Full required or compatible with Kontakt Player.