Selecting Snapshots with CC, Program Change or Keyswitch

twesten
twesten Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi, so more and more libraries are using snapshots and I'm looking for a way to select my favorites with CC, program change or keyswitch. Whatever works.

Specifically I'm trying to do this with Noir, but it would be great if there is a universal way to select specific Snapshots.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately there is no automated way to change Snapshots... The only way to do it would be to save an NKI with each snapshot loaded, then use "Instrument Banks" (page 57 of the most recent manual) then use "Program Change" messages to switch NKIs. Granted it is not the most elegant or streamlined way of doing it, but that is all that is available.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately there is no automated way to change Snapshots... The only way to do it would be to save an NKI with each snapshot loaded, then use "Instrument Banks" (page 57 of the most recent manual) then use "Program Change" messages to switch NKIs. Granted it is not the most elegant or streamlined way of doing it, but that is all that is available.

• twesten

Okay, that's too bad. Well, thank you for the quick answer. Appreciate it!

• twesten

Just as a followup, how does NKS switch snapshots? What message does it send to Kontakt? Can that message be recreated?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited April 2022

It's not using any sort of MIDI message to do that, it's just using an OS level API to load a file.