Help with Traktor Pro 3 DVS setup

leechri1
leechri1 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi all

Was hoping I could get some assistance with my dvs setup as I can't seem to get traktor to work at all, my setup works with serato with no issues, hopefully it's something easy that someone here can point out etc, thanks in advance for any help.

Setup below:

x2 Reloop rp-7000 mk2 turntables, pioneer djm-s3 mixer, laptop (windows), traktor pro 3 software, x2 control traktor scratch mk2 control vinyl

Photo 1-3 is my settings, it seems to not pick up the fact I have 2 turntables connected, with serato it just auto works. Picture 4 is the mixer setting with serato working, picture 5 is mixer setting when traktor is open.

My guess is the software can't detect my turntables? Am I missing something? I can load a track into track and it can play through the speakers, but I want dvs to work. Switches are set to phono (on turntables as its phono or line only) and usb on the mixer.

Thanks for any help, can provide more pics if it helps.

Cheers All

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Everything in Traktor looks correct.

Traktor is waiting to hear the timecode from the mixer so I'm inclined to think is an issue with the Pioneer Utility Tool. Have you tried reinstalling the utility tool?

Even if you were using the wrong timecode or were in the wrong input mode (Line or Phono), Traktor would detect it and the scopes would identify the issue but Traktor is not receiving anything at all.

I would post this on the Pioneer forum and see if they can help. Is Pulse still around there?

Answers

• Karlos Santos

Welcome to the forum.

Let's check the basics first.

Have you selected Scratch Control from the dropdown under each deck letter (A, B).

Click on the small arrow underneath the A and B in both decks and select Scratch Control.

This is an often overlooked option in the DVS setup. You should then be able to calibrate the timecode.

Let us know how you get on.

Karlos.

• leechri1

Hi Karlos

Yeah I have selected scratch control to try calibrate, it says scratch control disabled.

All the guides I've read say that it will deck a/b etc in the input routing, I don't think it's recognizing the turntables.

• Karlos Santos

What does Output Routing actually say?

I cannot see which options are selected in the photo mate.

Have you selected 1&2 in Output and Input for Deck A and 3&4 for Deck B? I assume you have. It looks like it has selected 'Not Connected'.

I notice in the Setup manual for the mixer (with Serato) for DVS use the mixer is set to USB but have you tried setting the mixer to Phono as well as the turntables?

I'm fumbling in the dark a little as I don't know this mixer but I do know that the Pioneer Settings Utility is one of the main reasons I sold my DJM-T1 years ago as the Utility was unbelievably unreliable and needed opening in a particular order with Traktor.

We'll get there.

• leechri1
    edited April 2022

oh the output routing only gives me the options of DJM-S3 OUT 1 all the way to DJM-S3 OUT 8 and input routing gives me the opposite DJM-S3-IN 1 all the way to 8, for some reason there's no option to select deck in input routing, it seems to only be picking up the mixer (DJM-S3), the only reason it says not connected was just to show I can select the mixer for both input and output

I have tried switching the mixer settings from USB to phone and even line.

All the tutorials and guides have the option of selecting the deck (turntable) for the input routing but I only can select the mixer, so I think the issue is traktor not recognising the decks

I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling trying things in different orders, just unsure what to do

• Karlos Santos

Ok you aren't selecting Decks in Traktor preferences, you are setting mixer channels.

Try this:

Output Routing:

Deck A:

DJM-S3 OUT 1

DJM-S3 OUT 2

Deck B:

DJM-S3 OUT 3

DJM-S3 OUT 4

Input Routing:

Deck A:

DJM-S3-IN 1

DJM-S3-IN 2

Deck B:

DJM-S3-IN 3

DJM-S3-IN 4

• leechri1

I would love to select decks but there is no option or drop down to select decks which I can't figure out all the connections are correct and it works with serato with no issues

• Karlos Santos

Do you mean there are no options on the Pioneer Utility Tool?

I see the options in Traktor. Can you screen shot your Traktor Input Routing and Output Routing section again showing what is applied to Deck A and B. Let's see if we can get Traktor setup properly first.

Karlos.

• leechri1

I appreciate all your help so far! Okay, I've attached photos of my input/output routing sections as well as the pioneer utility tool for input/output, you can also see in the photo that it says scratch disabled.

• Karlos Santos

Hmm… everything in Traktor looks fine to me so far.

Can you post a screen grab of the Timecode Setup tab?

• leechri1

heres timecode setup tab, I cannot seem to figure out why it won't work, Ive tried switching around all the knobs to phono/line/usb as well just to make sure

• Karlos Santos
    Answer ✓

Everything in Traktor looks correct.

Traktor is waiting to hear the timecode from the mixer so I'm inclined to think is an issue with the Pioneer Utility Tool. Have you tried reinstalling the utility tool?

Even if you were using the wrong timecode or were in the wrong input mode (Line or Phono), Traktor would detect it and the scopes would identify the issue but Traktor is not receiving anything at all.

I would post this on the Pioneer forum and see if they can help. Is Pulse still around there?

• Sweetboi
    Sweetboi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hey @leechri1 -- Did you happen to get this resolved? Having issues trying to run a similar set up