Why is Kontakt clicking?

Darcy101
Darcy101 Member Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

I'm having a problem with the standalone version of Kontakt 6.7... . the click for me only happens when I release my note and the sample cursor snaps back to the beginning of the sample in the wave editor of Kontakt. Is there anything I can do about it? I have tried so many things to solve this issue, I have gone as far as to put more of a fade-in when editing my samples in Cubase which loses the impact of the instrument being played and still no joy. Cheers guys!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

OK yeah. In Amplifier section, your envelope mod amount is not at 100% and it must be at 100%. Otherwise weird stuff happens 😆

And you will want Retrigger button on that amp envelope enabled, too.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

What specific samples are you talking about? Your own Samples? Can you provide a "Sample" that exhibits this behavior as well as the NKI?

• Darcy101
    edited April 2022

Hi Blindeddie thanks for your reply,

It's any of my own samples and I've just tried a sample from a reputable company and still the same to be honest I've tried it without a fade-in and with a fade-in. It only happens when I release the note and the sample cursor snaps back to the beginning. I've tried to upload the sample for you but it won't let me on here.

• EvilDragon

How is amp envelope set up? Make sure there's some release time there (like 10-15 ms) so that it smoothes out the note releases.

• Darcy101
    edited April 2022

Hi Evil Dragon

I've just set the amp envelope quite high as in the release 602ms and to be honest when the sound stops it clicks still when the cursor returns to the beginning of the sample. I'm wondering if its something to do with my script or maybe an effects module in one of the slots although they are all bypassed hmmm just my luck I've finished the UI, scripting, etc, and all there is to do is load all my sound and start making the presets.

• EvilDragon

Yeah I don't think we can help without checking out the instrument. If you ZIP a minimal example up, you should be able to upload it here. Or upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

• Darcy101
    edited April 2022

Yeah okay,

I have stripped everything back the script the UI everything so I know it's not that as I did it as a process of elimination. so here is the NKI monolith file I saved that started out as my Instrument. If you press the low notes a few times you hear the click also I've noticed it clicks in the right then in the left and in the middle speakers almost like an automated pan which I never set so yeah weird. Cheers for this.

• Darcy101

Hi Evil Dragon

Did you manage to have a look at the files I sent you?

• EvilDragon
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

OK yeah. In Amplifier section, your envelope mod amount is not at 100% and it must be at 100%. Otherwise weird stuff happens 😆

And you will want Retrigger button on that amp envelope enabled, too.