Ableton Live 11.1, M1 computers and NI VST Plug-Ins

2»

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Calagan unfortunately since Reaktor 6 is currently not yet compatible with Monterey, I'm afraid you won't be able to install it on your new ARM mac. 😕 I don't have an exact timeline but an update is most likely not gonna be in the coming months.

• winihh
    winihh Member Posts: 22 Member

@Cadiz ... sorry, I did not know this. What I read is, that VST2 will some time disappear. But I am not sure. Within my setup all VST (2) except of Arturia disappeared within Ableton.

@Kaiwan_NI and @Calagan ... I think it is possible to work with Reaktor "AU" (instead of VST) within Ableton or Logic on a Mac (M1). Works fine for me for the moment.

All plugins (NI) run within Maschine on M1, too.

(Still missing: Maschine VST3... hope it'll come soon)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Cadiz Thanks for correcting me, you are correct, I was misinformed, I had understood that the whole VST2 format was not supported when not in Rosetta. It's true that Soundtoys just released a VST2 version that supports M1 natively. I will try to get more info on this. As for Cubase 12, it still supports VST2s (for a couple of years) but only in Rosetta mode.

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor

We had a long thread about this. It seems to be somewhere between "years" and "never," based on current understanding. Until a few days ago, Reaktor wasn't even listed on the "M1 compatibility update" page ...

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

I’m not sure if that’s true for fresh installations, but Reaktor is working fine on my M1 machine with Monterey (it came with Big Sur, but I updated a few months ago). It’s not officially supported and certainly not native, but that’s another matter.

• timerickson
    timerickson Member Posts: 3 Member

Two years this month since the Apple silicon DTKs have been available to developers; https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/06/apple-announces-mac-transition-to-apple-silicon/

NI has a track record of just ignoring their customers at this point. Invest in your engineering department, it shouldn't take more than two years to adopt this change. Infuriating.

• Chilled
    Chilled Member Posts: 22 Member

Native M1 support is a must. I am considering a new KK S49 MK2 but hesitate due to slow conversion of NI products to new and up coming standards? Timeline would be nice. I own many NI software products as well as Maschine MK3.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited June 2022

Hey @timerickson @Chilled As said numerous times, M1 native support is one of the highest priorities (if not the highest). There is already a thread about M1 / Sillicon compatibility, you can follow what's happening here:

Native Instruments Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility

This discussion has been closed.