Maschine MK1 doesn't work on New MacBook. Any help to get it to work?

ChongerWJ
ChongerWJ Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

Just putting together my old Maschine MK1 setup and noticed that there is no Service Center anymore and that it just flashes once and doesn't work with my new MacBook Pro. I have heard there is a write up by someone on how to get this to work but I haven't found it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

The Maschine MK1 is no longer supported and I'm not sure if there is any workaround around. There was one for Intel macs but I assume you have M1: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-mk1-working-with-macos-catalina-big-sur-intel-macs.373729/

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

I saw the workaround for intel Mac was working for M1 Mac too. Same procedure. Though I have no time to find you a link. The info was actually on the old website. Hope someone is gonna pass by and help you keep this nice Maschine mk1 active 😉

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Also, you need Native Access application to install Maschine SW and Komplete Select/Selection plugins. Service Center does not work anymore.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Thanks Matt, those devices need to give as long as they can, they are all amazing and usefull for many things even video editing !!

• Christoph
    Christoph Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2022

did that work for anybody working with an m1 macbook pro on monterey?

I tryed with the link above but i could not get the mk1 working.. Anybody found another way?

• barri
    barri Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Has it worked for anybody?

So sad such a capable hardware is no longer supported. Had to buy the Komplete Kontrol M32 but the workflow does not keep up with the one I had using the Maschine.

• Rocko Royal
    Rocko Royal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2022

Im really bummed out over here. I used to use my MK1 8 years ago with my 2008 IMac. I wanted to get back to beat making and bought me a brand new Macbook 14" Pro. I was devastated to find out its not supported anymore. You would think if you buy something you should be able to use it until it breaks. Blower!!! : (

• tato
    tato Member Posts: 2 Member

Same for me...in my Mac Pro 6.1 with Monterey it works with de 2.8 drivers but in my MacBook Pro M1 Monterey it doesn't... When I try to install the driver it falls in the last steps...

😫