I can't find folder for third party libraries

jeffn1
jeffn1 Member Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2022 in Native Access

Hello,

After not using VSTs for a for several years (I used to use them for composing/recording), I bought a laptop and plan to start again for live use in Gig Performer.

I was able to get an upgrade to Konakt 6 (from Konatk 4) and I think I installed all the included libraries.

Several third party libraries I had bought are showing upon in Native Acccess, including Garritan Personal Orchestra and Stradavari Solo violin.

When I click on "Install" it seems to be telling I should have certain folders already there as the location to install the library. The folder should be located as follows: C:/Users/Public/Documents/ and then (for example) Garritan Personal Orchestra.

But, the folder is not currently there (and why would it, since this is a new install on this computer). So, It does not seem to allow me to proceed with the install.

So, I guess I am missing something. Do I need to install it from the orginal disks (and then how were all the bug fixes handled)? (I think I still have them and the serial numbers)

Thanks for people who answer questions (EvilDragon was very helpful for my last one).

Jeff

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You would need to get those third party library installers from the developer. They may be registered as valid NI libraries, but that is just a licensing thing, NA will not provide the installer.

• jeffn1
    jeffn1 Member Posts: 19 Member

Okay, thank you, I was starting to realize that is what I was missing. Got it.

Jeff