GR6 sounds different standalone vs plug in

Way~D
Way~D Member Posts: 22 Member

I'm using Gr6 and i make a patch i like off standalone and then load it in Studio one and it sounds different, more effected reverb/delay and a lot more bass. has anyone else experienced this? is there a work around?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I don't know studio one, but in cubase, if i want to sound gr the same as insert in the input channel, i have to use a stereo input channel, of course feeding also just one channel on gr input, but then i have the stereo out as with stand alone version. Maybe the gain can also be an issue or FX on master bus in studio one.

Uwe

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I don't know studio one, but in cubase, if i want to sound gr the same as insert in the input channel, i have to use a stereo input channel, of course feeding also just one channel on gr input, but then i have the stereo out as with stand alone version. Maybe the gain can also be an issue or FX on master bus in studio one.

Uwe

• Way~D

i know the gain isn't the issue, i'll try to send a mono track to a stereo bus and see if that gets me closer to the ball park, i'll also try to get a audio example soon. thanks for responiding!

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    edited April 2022

Hi @Way~D,

Guitar Rig should sound exactly the same when using Standalone vs. Plugin. So here are a few things you could check:

• Are there any effects in the Global FX?
    • Is the input and output configured identically? Levels, noise gate, limiter, routing (left, right, stereo)?
  • Way~D
    edited April 2022

ok so i guess when i was playing the standalone it was going in mono coming out stereo, and when i was doing it in studio one it was going in mono coming out mono and that was the big difference. i'm doing a couple more tests but i think that was the issue. now that i have it going in mono and coming out stereo seems to be good. thanks everyone for your comments!