Sample plays on after note-off

Olaf.Heeg
Olaf.Heeg Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi folks,

I´m totally new to Kontakt 6 and I need something which I don´t find.

I want that a sample starts to play when I hit a key on my keyboard and if I release the key it should play on and NOT stop. After I hit the same key again after some seconds the sample should stop. The idea is that a sequence is running by tapping the key once and it stops after I tap the key again, so I have all fingers free to play and the sequence runs as long as the key was tapped the second time.

Anyone has an idea how I can manage this?

Thanks

Olaf

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

There's a factory script that does exactly what you want, it's called MIDI Latch. You can find it in instrument edit mode -> Script Editor -> Preset -> Factory -> Performance.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

There's a factory script that does exactly what you want, it's called MIDI Latch. You can find it in instrument edit mode -> Script Editor -> Preset -> Factory -> Performance.

• Olaf.Heeg
    Olaf.Heeg Member Posts: 2 Member

Great Scott - exactly what I need... It seems that there is more interesting stuff hidden... ;) And setup the count on 2 in the sample loop register it plays only twice if I not tap the key and it stops. Great.

Thanks very much. Is there some documentation on the possibilities on these scriptings? Because of the name I would never thought what it does...

Olaf