Installed the 12 cds from Komplete 8 - Still demo version

2»

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited March 2022

Of course it will say "DEMO" then because you can't activate the serial. You really should try contacting support as Blindeddie suggested. None of us regular users can help you.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Looks like our team answered your ticket. For the record, the serials were indeed registered to another account.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

of you already entered the serial into an account you don't know anymore, that's bad. You can't simply make a new account and enter the serial again, as you already noticed. Only native staff might be able to help. Use the link Blindeddie has shared and get in touch with native.

Uwe

• Trackformerz
    Trackformerz Member Posts: 11 Member

Im screwed! It was back then half off for educational purposes discounts and I can’t use it even though I purchased it! Crazy

I will get Kontact 13 select that comes free with the purchase of the m32 and then the update is 399 and I will have everything new and legit! It sucks that I can’t use my old libraries for now.

• Jordanmark
    Jordanmark Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited March 2022

It's not a good idea to reveal the entire Serial to the public..... Have you made a Native Access entry for it? When you input it, what did NA say? Are you able to find this serial in your NI user account? Have you have the same username in NA as you do in your account? If those don't work, try uninstalling everything but NA and using NA to download and install your K8. If it doesn't work, contact NI, as Blindeddie has suggested. More information may be found here.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Trackformerz

I will get Kontact 13 select that comes free with the purchase of the m32 and then the update is 399 and I will have everything new and legit! It sucks that I can’t use my old libraries for now.

If not in hurry, there possibly will be Summer Sale in June. And it usually has huge discounts on Upgrades....

----------

It is unpleasant, but understandable, that you cannot use Academic Licence any more if not Student/Teacher. Licence Agreement is Licence Agreement.... Not sure, maybe it is possible to sell it to someone who qualifies.. Or is it NFT? And do you have access to that account?

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Thats lame...I have plenty of story like that. can't use my traktor 2 or install native access on my computer because of open GL and it is my digital mixing station, so I can't use it anymore even if it worked perfect when service center was working and installing things properly. now I am a discarded DJ because I am too poor and too old (43) !! sad world we leave in really...

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor
    edited March 2022

I know back in 2016 I bought by mistake on eBay an educational license of ozone 7 thinking it was just a discounted second hand licence. I was not in my country of origin and my English was not very good. Though I started to dig into izotope products and purchased neutron 2 advanced from their website. After evolving in my creation path I wanted to upgrade to an advanced version of izotope ozone and it was already version 8. I contacted them and explained my initial mistake and expressed them my desire to upgrade to a full legit advanced version and they made me a price offer which I took. I always found them commercially very convenient with customer. I guess getting in touch with customer service you could ask and see what is possible. I know the way they delt with me made me a loyal and grateful izotope customer and I ended up buying more products from them. I guess it is what every company should do with their customer base. Getting in touch is the way to go anyway, you can always negotiate. You could also sell you educational version and start from scratch. NI products hold value quiet well and are convenient to sell when te licence is not tied to any hardware product

• Trackformerz
    Trackformerz Member Posts: 11 Member

That’s very nice and thanks you for the tips! I will get in touch to see if they can work something out before I do any more purchases. It’s not about the money is about the customer service! You right! I deal a lot with spitfire libraries and they have awesome costumer service and they come tru with deals and crazy nice products!!!

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

I thought you already where in touch with native and they have told you that it's not possible. Then of course get in touch with them, I'm pretty sure they will offer you something, @Kaldosh is absolutely right about that.

Uwe

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022

Try this guide, it helped solve some similar issues, specifically deleting the RAS3 folder, it has all the licenses so the next launch of NA they are regenerated.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access