Battery 4 and Logic Drummer Kick Mismatch

Scaryytino
Scaryytino Member Posts: 7 Member

Whenever I apply Battery 4 to a Logic Drummer track, the kick note is not the same. I shouldn't have to drag and drop the kick to the proper spot in battery every time I change a kit. How do I get them to match each other every time?

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited March 2022

What Kick note is Logic transmitting? Also provide a kit example for clarity...

• Scaryytino

It happens on literally every kit. Battery uses the top left for the kick, and Logic uses the bottom left for the AI drummer. How do I tell Battery to move the kick automatically?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

The notes mapped for Battery Kits usually starts at C1 for the top left cell and then increments for each succesive cell, so the range of notes would be C1 to D#2 for a 16 cell matrix.

So, it appears that the cell receiving note numbers do not match the Logic transmit note number. The only way to fix that is to adjust the midi not being transmitted or adjust the receiving cell not to match. Either way, there is some work involved.

• Scaryytino

battery doesn't have an option to say "my DAW uses [note] as kick"? Seems like it should since every DAW functions differently.