How to identify expansion sets

Options
Lau
Lau Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2022 in Native Access

Im confused by the large amount of preset expansion sets i have after buying Komplete 13. When in Native Access is there any way to know what instrument an expansion is for? If i want to try it and install it, how do i know where to try it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome to the community!

Yeah, Komplete has a tendency to overwhelm 😉

Anyway, expansions are - generally speaking - mostly meant to be used with Maschine (this is also recognizable if you check the product icon: the expansions show a grid which mimics the Maschine's pad section). But some also provide presets for Battery and/or Massive. Unfortunately the product description doesn't mention any of this, but if you check the Changes section (3rd tab) you sometimes find some more descriptive info:

And for sure, if I check out the Arcane Attic folder this is what I find:

But as you can see my method isn't fullproof because while we did pick up on Battery we can now also see some Massive presets as well.

So... unfortunately the best way to find out about these is to either check the individual product pages, or just install the lot and then check the available presets later.

This may sound a bit silly at first but do keep in mind that the samples of these expansions can easily be used in other environments as well. Owning Maschine myself I hardly bother with this but even so I have tried to load some "Expansion samples" into both Live's Sampler as well as Reaper's sampling instrument ("Samplomatic") and that works like a charm. So even if you don't own Maschine you may still be able to put those Expansions to good use.

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome to the community!

Yeah, Komplete has a tendency to overwhelm 😉

Anyway, expansions are - generally speaking - mostly meant to be used with Maschine (this is also recognizable if you check the product icon: the expansions show a grid which mimics the Maschine's pad section). But some also provide presets for Battery and/or Massive. Unfortunately the product description doesn't mention any of this, but if you check the Changes section (3rd tab) you sometimes find some more descriptive info:

And for sure, if I check out the Arcane Attic folder this is what I find:

But as you can see my method isn't fullproof because while we did pick up on Battery we can now also see some Massive presets as well.

So... unfortunately the best way to find out about these is to either check the individual product pages, or just install the lot and then check the available presets later.

This may sound a bit silly at first but do keep in mind that the samples of these expansions can easily be used in other environments as well. Owning Maschine myself I hardly bother with this but even so I have tried to load some "Expansion samples" into both Live's Sampler as well as Reaper's sampling instrument ("Samplomatic") and that works like a charm. So even if you don't own Maschine you may still be able to put those Expansions to good use.