Can we, now, layer multiple sounds/instruments...?

G.B.
G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

I asked this question 4 years ago now and the answer was no... but that it has been a popular request...

So... can you, now, layer multiple sounds/instruments using your Komplete keyboard and the Komplete software...?

Comments

• G.B.

Geez... lol :)

• G.B.

So if we want to layer instruments without using a computer/DAW - we need to stick with a synth and forget Komplete, huh...?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Komplete Kontrol SW has not changed much...minor improvements, but still 1 Instrument and then effects...

• G.B.
    edited March 2022

Wow, same thing after 4 years... :(

I was just Googling the topic and it said something about adding a MASCHINE to a Komplete Kontrol will let you layer multiple sounds...?

"It has been requested to allow for layering VSTs and loading of effects too... but that is basically what you can do with Maschine which becomes like a super charged Komplete Kontrol I guess."

Or am I reading that wrong...? (probably...)

• G.B.
    edited March 2022

And then there is this answer...?

"Yes you can but only within the Kontact player currently unless you use the midi mapper."

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

In Maschine, you can layer instruments by putting a different instrument in any of the 16 sound slots in a group, Set midi input to all the same channel.

You can with Kontakt, because its a "Rack" Instrument... Load 2 or more instruments then set the Midi in channel all the same... but note, you cannot save Kontakt "Racks" as NKS Presets in KK. You can save multis in Kontakt and you do not necessarily need to use KK SW unless you want all the bells and Whistles.

• G.B.

So what you are telling me is that there is a way... lol

(Forgive the Dumb and Dumber movie reference:))

• Blindeddie

Yes, what are you specifically looking to layer?

• G.B.
    edited March 2022

See, that's the "problem"... I am not sure all "layering" is the same...

Like on a synth... you can layer a grand piano (Noire), with a strings section - or even a single string instrument, and them maybe add a pad...

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

Well open up Kontakt, add Noire, Then add a String instrument/section from the factory library, then add a pad from the factory library. Set the Midi Input Channel to "1" for all three and play...adjust the levels of each instrument until you find the "Sound". we could discuss all night, but digging in and trying it will be the only way to tell if it is what you are looking for...

• G.B.
    edited March 2022

I didn't buy anything yet... :)

I want to make sure I can do what I would like to do before laying out $2,800 for the Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Maschine, and Komplete 13 Ultimate bundle...

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor
    edited March 2022

I have also requested this in the past. The possibility to layer instruments in one instance (like we have for effects) would be really awesome to have.

I wonder if there is a significant update being planned for Komplete Kontrol software, because as someone mentioned above, it's mostly been minor additions/improvements only in the last few years.

• Blindeddie

Download Komplete Start (Free), it will have enough stuff in there for you to test it out. That will be the best way for you to make an informed decision!!! Post back if you need assistance!

• G.B.

Yeah, I went back and looked and it was actually 5 years ago I posted the same question when looking at the Komplete Kontrol S88...

I got the same responses - that others too have been asking about this for years...

5 years and nothing?

Looks like NI isn't listening... :)