Can I use Gravity expansion with Kontakt player

Japedal
Japedal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

IF I have only the free Kontakt 6.7 or whatever player, can I buy Kontakt expansion stuff like Gravity and use it, or do I need the full version to buy new stuff?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

If it is an NI Licensed library, then it will work in the Kontakt Player. Licensed Third Party Libraries will also work, but when purchasing from a Third Party developer, pay attention to the "Requirements" as some of them are not "Licensed" and require the full version of Kontakt to run.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

If it is an NI Licensed library, then it will work in the Kontakt Player. Licensed Third Party Libraries will also work, but when purchasing from a Third Party developer, pay attention to the "Requirements" as some of them are not "Licensed" and require the full version of Kontakt to run.

• Japedal
    Japedal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks!! I see at the bottom of the some of the expansions packs says full version...Just wanted to make sure.

• Blindeddie

Expansions do not run in or require Kontakt. They are just Samples, Loops, Maschine Kits, Battery Kits and various presets (depending on the expansion)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

@Japedal If you're curious which products belong to which instruments, you might find these two articles useful 😃

KOMPLETE 13 - All Products Demystified

What Are Expansions?