Upgrades from Komplete Kontrol to Komplete Select/standard/ultimate

Chris Campos
Chris Campos Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

I have a registered version (v2.6.7) but I'd like to upgrade but I'm confused by all the optional upgrade packages. Can anyone tell me what will work with my version? Will Komplete 12 Select work, or Komplete 13 or Komplete 11 Ultimate Update?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Komplete Kontrol has no bearing on what Komplete package you purchase. It is basically just control software for the Komplete Kontrol line of Keyboards. Any VST2 (NI or ThirdParty) and any NI VST3 can be used in Komplete Kontrol.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Komplete Kontrol has no bearing on what Komplete package you purchase. It is basically just control software for the Komplete Kontrol line of Keyboards. Any VST2 (NI or ThirdParty) and any NI VST3 can be used in Komplete Kontrol.

• Chris Campos

But I still would like to know which Komplete upgrade will work with what I've got now?

• Blindeddie

Komplete is not dependent on the version of Komplete Kontrol (and fyi, 2.6.7 is the latest version). Do you own a Komplete Bundle? if you do not, then you cannot purchase an upgrade, you have to purchase the full version and I would suggest K13 (as it is the latest version).

If you can provide info on what you currently own, then more specifics can be provided,

• Chris Campos

I have the Komplete 7 bundle.

• Blindeddie

OK, then your best bet would be to upgrade to K13 (the latest). When you go to the purchase page, there is a dropdown that will allow you to select "Update" and you will be notified if you qualify based on the current version you own...that is the best way to tell. Again. Komplete Kontrol does not factor into this equation!!