Pro Tools Crashing When Booting up / Finding Massive X

TLATWuk
TLATWuk Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Massive X & Synths

SOLVED!

Hey all,

New here! I have just made the jump from Logic to Pro Tools for a potential new job. I install it fine on my machine - when it loads, Massive X causes it to crash (see below). I have searched high and low on my machine for any files no matter how small that might be related to 'Massive X' but am falling flat. Any ideas how I can completely remove it from my system?

Cheers!

TG

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey @TLATWuk I'm afraid your computer might not be compatible, If it's a Mac Pro from 2009, it could be that it is not AVX compatible: MASSIVE X Requires AVX Compatible Processor

THe fastest way to find out is to open Komplete Kontrol in standalone and check if it shows this here:

• TLATWuk
    TLATWuk Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks, Jeremy!

I managed to actually delete the plug in, it was buried somewhere and now it loads beautifully! Thanks for your help

• DJV Muziq
    DJV Muziq Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am having the same problem. Where did you find Massive X buried in? I had Massive X from my applications folder and this still pops up. I'm at my wits end and have a project to finish asap. I need help

• DJV Muziq
    DJV Muziq Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have deleted every Massive X folder I could find and the boot up of Pro Tools still exists. Is there a solution to this where I don't have to delete Massive X and all its folders? Deleting the plufgin doesn't seem to work

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@DJV Muziq What is your operating system? What version of Pro Tools are you using?

There is no standalone Massive X, so there will be no Massive X app in your application folder. After deleting folders did you reinstall from Native Access?

How does the crash manifest? When loading a new Massive instrument track ? When loading an existing project?

After or before re-installing you should reset Massive X's database:

Reinitialize the MASSIVE X database as follows:

1. Click Go in the Finder menu bar while holding down the alt key on your computer's keyboard. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    1. In your user Library folder, navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments
    2. Delete the MASSIVE X folder.
    3. Restart your DAW and load an instance of MASSIVE X. It will regenerate its database and the new presets will now appear.