PlayBox, Komplete Now and Komplete 13

kastokes
kastokes Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

Hi,

I currently own KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition Upgrade. I saw news about Playbox and want to get it. But I also saw that Playbox and some extras are part of Komplete Now. Is Komplete Now a good way to buy into the future releases? Or would I still need to upgrade when 14 comes out? Any feedback on Komplete Now? It's a little hard to tell what's new that I don't have in my last purchase. 9.99 Euro/month is an attractive price for PlayBox.

Many thanks for any insights!

Best Answer

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

I am in the same situation. I also own K13U CE and have bought some new stuff I liked since the release of K13. PLAYBOX is the next in line. As Nico said above, I have signed up for free Komplete Now trial to try out PLAYBOX.

There are a few options possible:

• #1: Buy PLAYBOX at intro price of $149 - simplest but a bit expensive for me right now. However, can regain some cash on reselling after upgrading to K14 in the future.
    • #2: As Kubrak already mentioned above, continue to sub with KN until Komplete 14 comes out in Sep/Oct. However, this would mean paying $50/$60 for PLAYBOX (since I have everything else in K13 and don't need the one or two items that I don't have). This is cheaper but also no regain of money. However, it allows you to continue playing with some new stuff that gets hopefully added by the time K14 is out. But if K14 doesn't come out, which is very unlikely, you would miss the intro price and then would need to wait until CYBER SALE (#4 below).
    • #3: Use PLAYBOX until trial ends. Then wait for K14 announcement. It will probably only be included in K14U and K14U CE. That's not a problem since I would upgrade to either of these and should get PLAYBOX. The only problem is long wait.
    • #4: Wait for CYBER SALE during November to buy PLAYBOX for 50% off if decided not to upgrade to K14. Very unlikely to go for this option.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If I understand it well Komplete Now is subscription plan. One does not own anything, once you stop paying, no plugins...

Komplete 14 might come in about half year, if it keeps 2 year release pattern. So you could spend 60 Eur for KN to "survive" till release, if it really comes that time.... And if you plan to update to K14 at time of release.

Or you may buy Playbox now and sell it for 50-75% of purchase price when not needed.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

With Komplete Ultimate you already own most of the stuff of KNow.

But there's actually one month of free trial, so you can try Playbox for no money 🤸🏻‍♂️

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

I am in the same situation. I also own K13U CE and have bought some new stuff I liked since the release of K13. PLAYBOX is the next in line. As Nico said above, I have signed up for free Komplete Now trial to try out PLAYBOX.

There are a few options possible:

• #1: Buy PLAYBOX at intro price of $149 - simplest but a bit expensive for me right now. However, can regain some cash on reselling after upgrading to K14 in the future.
    • #2: As Kubrak already mentioned above, continue to sub with KN until Komplete 14 comes out in Sep/Oct. However, this would mean paying $50/$60 for PLAYBOX (since I have everything else in K13 and don't need the one or two items that I don't have). This is cheaper but also no regain of money. However, it allows you to continue playing with some new stuff that gets hopefully added by the time K14 is out. But if K14 doesn't come out, which is very unlikely, you would miss the intro price and then would need to wait until CYBER SALE (#4 below).
    • #3: Use PLAYBOX until trial ends. Then wait for K14 announcement. It will probably only be included in K14U and K14U CE. That's not a problem since I would upgrade to either of these and should get PLAYBOX. The only problem is long wait.
    • #4: Wait for CYBER SALE during November to buy PLAYBOX for 50% off if decided not to upgrade to K14. Very unlikely to go for this option.
  • Nico_NI
  • AlanC
    AlanC Member Posts: 6 Member

Similar situation to the rest of you but my beef is with Native Access 2 making available the items which are only available in subscription and not stating that you will get a demo version if you install!! Subscriptions should NOT appear in Native Access unless you are actually subscribed.?! I did the trial and cancelled so I am assuming that is why I still get offered the subscription only items?

• Nico_NI

Hey Alan, please create a new thread if you want to tackle any issue you're having 🙏