Omni Portable Turntable + Traktor

Jherome DeGuzman
Jherome DeGuzman Member Posts: 5 Member

I read a post on the previous forum around someone (I think it was Telly) that got the Omni working with timecode. Does anyone have experience with this and if so, have any procedures on how to get Traktor to recognize it?

The 2nd thing is if anyone has a source for 7inch timecode or perhaps the Superseal 7000 which is long sold out.

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

Maybe worth tagging @TeLLy to check if they are around 🙌

• Jherome DeGuzman

Matt, thanks for tagging him. Hope he has a TSI for it.

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    edited March 2022

What soundcard are you using? It should be fairly straight forward if you have a soundcard with phono inputs.

I haven't used the Omni but I did get timecode working with the Numark PT-01 and the DJPlayer App with Traktor 7" timecode, around 5 years ago.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

DjPlayer app @Karlos Santos ;)

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

@Mutis amended. Shows how long ago it was, I'd forgotten what I used. To be honest, I never used it again 😁

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

I just get the pseudo-subscription after looking from the fence over some time. 20 bucks x 5 years seems more than fair… but I can feel you.

The trigger was NI stem play support and let’s unmix app NI stem export support… but to be fair I think Vdj has the tools I could need in the future. I didn’t buy it (or a Reloop Touch which cames with special pro version) due I have no gigs at the horizon and maybe some new better tools came in the meantime so I’m saving for them.

;)

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 61 Advisor
    edited March 2022

Just connect the Omni TT to the computer with USB, switch ON the DVS button on the Omni TT and select omni in Traktor Audio Settings an route to Timecode input to deck A/B, remember also to configure MIDI commands for Omni XFader and Volume Fader A/B. you will need the Traktor Timecode tough.

edit: check openformat website for the 7" superseal

• Jherome DeGuzman

Thanks everyone for the response. I ended up routing the Omni to Deck A then creating a couple of midi commands for the volume and cross fader. Was super simple. I was also able to get a couple of copies of Superseal. Fun portable for sure.

• adic27
    adic27 Member Posts: 65 Member

Are you sure Omni could show up in the list of devices? I only see Omni Control but that's Numark.

• adic27

Hey! Can you walk me through using Omni TT with Traktor? All I have is Omni and Traktor. Is a NI device or compatible device required in addition? Hope not. I have a 7" Super Seal with Traktor time code on one side as well. Can you share your setup or do I not have what's needed?

Thanks in advance!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

What step have you done so far? What do you have trouble with?

• adic27

Actually, I just checked again and my device is suddenly in the list. I have selected it (not sure if it makes a difference or not) and the faders on the Omni seems to be synced to the A deck volume fader AND the A deck high frequency knob, rather than the crossfader. Is there a way to change this?

I was messing around with the settings trying to get Traktor to detect the Super Seal timecode side but then I remembered when I had my stanton str8-150s I still needed RCA cables hooked into my Z2 mixer. So, I have my Omni connected to my laptop via usb-c and then I hooked the Omni RCA line outs L/R up to my Komplete Audio 2 via RCA to XLR cable. With that, although it keeps saying "right channel missing" I'm able to get a signal in the timecode setup tab in settings. BUT, it's just a straight line and thats with the Omni set to vinyl or DVS. I honestly don't know what to do. Is ther another, or proper way to hoook everything up with what I have? I messed around with the settings but still cant control the music on deck A with the timecode spinning on the Omni TT. I also tried to switch the RCA cables to the "PHONO" ports instead of the "LINE" ones

A few things

1. When the Omni is set to DVS the midi icon it Trakor flashes from time to tiime. With Omni set to vinyl, it doesn't flash
    2. Omni set to vinyl, it always says "Ready..." at the bottom of Traktor but when switching to DVS it shows "Ground hum: Check grounding wire" for a few seconds then switches back to "Ready..."
    3. Deck a keeps showing "Right channel missing"

Hope this is enough info to help my out

Thanks