Kontakt Edutainment - For lack of a better name.

Chromofonic
Chromofonic Member Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

I think meaningful tutorials are central to appreciating and enjoying the power of NI products. I am therefore creating this post where I will be updating relevant video content from my youtube (mainly sound design and tutorials involving Kontakt). If someone can suggest a better place as to where such material should appear, I would be forever indebted.

For the time being here is a video:

Tagged:

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Thanks for sharing @Chromofonic, learning content is always welcome. I moved your thread to Kontakt as it is specifically Kontakt centered 🙏

• Chromofonic

As mentioned in my last post, I will be updating relevant video content from my YouTube to this thread. Here is a general overview (from my perspective) of the Kontakt Sampling Engine. This video is not an exhaustive reference guide, of course. The aim is to provide an overview of Kontakt's main sections that I will be referring to in my future (and past) videos.

h

• Chromofonic

And another update to this thread.

The Greatest Secret Of 128 Velocity Layers In Sampling ?

In this video, I look into achieving rich dynamics, usually associated with physically modelled virtual instruments, using a sample-based approach.

In the process, I run some experiments, look at historical formulas and apply the results to achieve smooth dynamic expression in sample-based virtual instruments. Can we achieve expressive results with only a handful of samples?

• Chromofonic
    edited May 2022

My way of achieving fast results when designing a cinematic pad sound using only 4 samples in Kontakt:

A long high violin note, a badly sung vocal, a recording of the wind and a sample of ambient city sounds.