Komplete 13 and Kontakt 6 name

JamPro
JamPro Member Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

Hello. I originally had a license for Komplete 9, and have since bought the upgrade to Komplete 13. I now have Komplete 13 successfully installed on my studio computer.

The installation of Komplete 13 added the applications "Kontakt 5" and "Kontakt" (no version number) on my computer. The NI website lists "Kontakt 6" as an instrument that is included in Komplete 13.

So my question is why do I not see "Kontakt 6" on my computer? I believe I have "Kontakt 5" because I previously bought Komplete 9. So is "Kontakt" (no version number) the same as "Kontakt 6"?

Sorry for the stupid question. If anyone can clear up my "konfusion", I appreciate it.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited March 2022

Hello,

you should see kontakt 6 in native access and in your DAW you should see it as just kontakt. As you already asked kontakt is kontakt 6.

Uwe

• JamPro
    JamPro Member Posts: 12 Member

OK - so I believe I have just answered my question - and yes it is a pretty stupid question.

I launched the application "Kontakt", and then clicked on About Kontakt, which tells me this is "Kontakt 6" ver. 6.7.0 (RO).

Sorry for the silly question.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but i also questioned me about this the first time I had kontakt 6 installed - so this question can't be stupid

Uwe