How can I get a copy of Kontakt 5?

cybervegeto22
cybervegeto22 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

I used to have one, but have no idea where my serial went. This was from years ago, and I really want to be able to access some old libraries that are no longer compatible with the recent versions of Kontakt, but I can't figure out how to get Kontakt 5 anymore.

I copied the DLL file from my old PC, but of course it only runs in demo mode; how could I find out my old serial, or just get a new copy?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

All your serial numbers should be available in the "My Products and Serials" section of your NI Account. If you enter that serial into Native Access, and it still does not show up for download, you will need to get in touch with Account Support on the Support Page.

• cybervegeto22
    cybervegeto22 Member Posts: 4 Member

Yeah, it's not in my product list.. I'm wondering if I had another account when I first got it.

I bought Komplete Ultimate 12 Collector's Edition a couple years ago, which shows up here, but my Kontakt 5 seems lost to the wind.

Would there be a way to re-purchase it anywhere, or are there legacy downloads available for owners of recent Kontakt editions?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited March 2022

No way to purchase it, and legacy downloads are just updates, so you would need the base product. If you get in touch with Account support, I bet they can track down your other account and transfer K5 to your new account. Use the chat feature during the listed hours for quickest action… they are limited and may not be convenient, but that is the best way!