Maschine Jam to work with Ableton 11

Drel
Drel Member Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi all, does anyone know if NI will update the Jam to work with Ableton 11?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Templates are available on the Support Page. Click Support at the Top, then search “Ableton Templates” first result should be the Doc you want, scroll down to the Ableton Live 11 section and click the Plus (+) sign for “Maschine” (not MK3), and follow the directions. I would post a direct link, but the forum won’t let me. 🤪

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Templates are available on the Support Page. Click Support at the Top, then search “Ableton Templates” first result should be the Doc you want, scroll down to the Ableton Live 11 section and click the Plus (+) sign for “Maschine” (not MK3), and follow the directions. I would post a direct link, but the forum won’t let me. 🤪

• Drel

That's great thank you!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Blindeddie  

I would post a direct link, but the forum won’t let me.

It puzzles me that it is not possible to insert links to NI web in NI forum.... I think, I found the solution. One must not press Enter at the end of pasted link....

• Drel
    edited March 2022

I wonder if they will ever bring this back for an updated version - although I am suprised they pulled this? May be it interfered with Maschine sales?

• Drel

Wow so pleased I managed to pick up a Maschine Jam!!!

Brilliant :)

• Blindeddie

This is only an issue on Mobile… for some reason it treats it as a “unverifiable” link and replaces it with a warning… admins are aware and looking into a fix!

• Kubrak

@Blindeddie

No, it is not only on mobiles. It does it since start of new forum on all my Win computers. But if is OK if one does not press Enter at the end of pasted link.

If I want to paste link to NI pages, I make two empty lines before hand, use the first for pasting the link and a may go on with text on the second empty line.

• Kubrak

Hard to say, I think sales were not so good as NI has expected.

IMHO the problem with Jam was marketing to wrong target group and ommiting target group that would love it. It was targeted to DJs and live performances. And it was not targeted to producers so much.

So not many producers tried to use it. NI even did not plan to make drivers for M+ to be able to use Jam. Fans of Jam had to "force" NI to add Jam driver later on...

So, maybe Jam will finaly proove it has its place and NI will prepare MK2. But probably not any time soon...