S49 record button doesn't light up

Dogus
Dogus Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

hello, I checked if it was asked before but I couldn't see it, I have a mk2 s49, all keys and buttons work but only the record button does not light up. It shows up in red in the videos I watch. I wonder if it's because I'm not using the power supply. thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

Even outside a DAW (with no software running at all) the REC button should have a backlight, even without a P/S attached it should be visible still, just faint and when you press the button it should light up while pressed.

If you don't see this when Logic is not running (just connected to the system sitting in midi mode) then i'd probably say the LED is faulty.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Dogus Welcome to our forum. What DAW are you using ? To what videos do you refer to ?

• Dogus

Thanks for the reply back, I'm using logic pro x 10.4. this is the video too and the power supply is not even plugged in, guess i have a problem :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECBgxAowig

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, So, Logic 10.4, what is your operating system then ? Do you have any other issues in Logic ? any issues in Komplete Kontrol in standalone ?

• Dogus

macos Mojave, no, there is no problem in logic or KK in standalone. everything works fine, just the record button does not light up and i don't understand why.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

Even outside a DAW (with no software running at all) the REC button should have a backlight, even without a P/S attached it should be visible still, just faint and when you press the button it should light up while pressed.

If you don't see this when Logic is not running (just connected to the system sitting in midi mode) then i'd probably say the LED is faulty.

• Dogus

Thank you so much JesterMgee. 😊

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Dogus yes, @JesterMgee is right, that looks like a hardware default, if you got your keyboard from us, please get in touch with my colleagues here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware