Traktor Scratch Pro 2 won't open after fresh install on new laptop

Dubree
Dubree Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello!

I have just bought a new Windows 10 Home laptop Asus L210MA-GJ243T (Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4020 CPU) and installed Traktor Scratch Pro 2 through Native Access. When I try to run the software, nothing happens( I've tried troubleshooting, running as an administrator, and my software is updated. How to fix this?

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited March 2022

Hi @Dubree welcome to the NI online community. Unfortunately it looks like your laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Traktor Pro 2. 😔 What are the specs of your old laptop if you don't mind me asking?

• Dubree

Hi @Kaiwan_NI ! Thank you for your reply. I can check the specifications of my old laptop, but for what?) That's what's important: I installed Traktor Pro 3 Demo on a new laptop and ... it works great! But I do not have the opportunity to purchase the full version and it is important for me to figure out what needs to be done to make Traktor Pro 2 work.

• Kaiwan_NI

@Dubree Curious about your old computer's processor. Might explain why it could run Traktor Pro 2.

Btw scrap my previous comment about your computer not meeting the requirements. Specs-wise, your current laptop should be able to run Traktor Pro 2 with no issues as these processors easily fulfil Traktor 2's requirements. However, unfortunately there's a compatibility issue with your kind of intel processor. It prevents Traktor Pro 2 (specifically versions between 2.7 and 2.11-3) to start up.

I'm afraid we still don't know what the root cause is so I don't think there's a workaround to make Traktor Pro 2 work on your new laptop atm. Confirming that this is not an issue with Traktor Pro 3 though.

• Dubree

@Kaiwan_NI thank you for the answer! My old laptop: Xiaomi Mi Notebook 15.6 Lite (Intel Core i3 8130U 2200 MHz/Intel UHD Graphics 620/Win 10).

Traktor Pro 2 came with the my mixer Traktor Z2. It may be possible to download Traktor Pro 2 version below 2.7?

• Kaiwan_NI

@Dubree For this our support might be able to help. 🙂