Can effects be mapped to the same control number?

RaHulk DJ
RaHulk DJ Member Posts: 63 Helper
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello

I'm mapping TRAKTOR 3.5.x effects and I don't know if there is a better way. I am mapping it as follows.

Channel 1- Control 1 --> Delay

Channel 1- Control 2 --> Reverb

Channel 1- Control 3 --> Flanger

Channel 1- Control 4 --> Flanger Pulse

Etc...

Is it possible to map it using the same CONTROL for all effects?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

do you mean you have 4 encoders/pots and want them to control 4 FX parameters on more decks? Then yes, you can use modifiers or the focus function. With focus, for example, you will always control the FX parameters of the deck in focus. With a modifier you can switch between the decks - so where the 4 encoders/pots will go to.

Uwe

• RaHulk DJ
    edited March 2022

I'm mapping an effects selector to all the effects and it's 32 effects, too many controls.

Could something be done configuring the output messages?

• Uwe303

So you want to be able to select an FX device per button directly, and this would mean 32 buttons? And you are using touchOSC, does touchOSC app does not have a drop down menu like thing, and this sends out midi notes per entry you select or whatever? You could also use a knob and sending back an absolute cc message value to touchOSC for a display that shows the FX name for the incoming corresponding midi CC value. It's long time ago I used touchOSC myself, if i don't forget it i can have a look tomorrow and find out something.

Uwe

• RaHulk DJ

TouchOSC will use it, but doing what I'm asking is many lines of LUA code, so I was asking if it was possible from TRAKTOR's Contorller Manager.

• Uwe303
    edited March 2022

Ohh sorry I wasn't using touchOSC I bought and used Lemur - it's similar but was back then more advanced. So I maybe can't help here but I'll try.

Uwe

But if i understand you right, i think you have to do it via script

• RaHulk DJ
    edited March 2022

The new version of TouchOSC is very good, it has evolved a lot.

I have a TRAKTOR KONTROL S3 and a TRAKTOR AUDIO 6, having the effects selector on the iPad full screen would be the perfect complement.

I know you don't support third-party software, could you share the TouchOSC template here when it's finished?

Sorry for my English. I only speak Spanish and I use the Google translator.

• Uwe303

Looks pretty cool so far 😎👍

• RaHulk DJ

Thank you very much, I try to imitate the TRAKTOR interface as much as possible.